NEXT STEP

I pay for one of my kids' Spotify Premium, but now want to start a Family plan

I pay for one of my kids' Spotify Premium, but now want to start a Family plan

Plan

Free/Premium/Family

Country

New Zealand

My Question or Issue

I pay for one of my kids' Spotify Premium, but I want to move us to a Family Premium account so my partner, other child, and I get the same benefits. Since my credit card is registered against their account, how do I ensure my account is the main account, and I'm not paying for two subscriptions?

2 Replies

Hey @Exzenter,

Thanks for reaching out.

When joining a Premium Family plan as a member, any active subscriptions on an account that accepts such an invite will automatically end when the invite is accepted. 🙂

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @Exzenter

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

First up, you'd need to cancel the active subscription on your child's account by following the steps here. Then, you can subscribe to Premium Family on your own account here. Once you subscribed, you'll be able to invite all members by following these specific steps. As an addition to what @Maxim mentioned, keep in mind that any remaining Premium time you’ve already paid for on your child's account will be forfeited. 

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts