Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I've purchased an individual premium plan by mistake. I want to switch to a family plan instead.

Solved!

I've purchased an individual premium plan by mistake. I want to switch to a family plan instead.

I had purchased premium for myself by mistake, where as I had wanted to buy a family plan instead. If I upgrade to a family account right now, will I be prorated or how willl this work? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bigmoe, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Luckily, Spotify has a Premium for Family FAQ page that might be helpful! Under the "I already have Premium. What happens to my billing?" section, it says the following:

"When you upgrade your subscription from regular Premium to Premium for Family, any remaining time you've already paid for is converted into a Premium for Family subscription. This can bring your next payment date forward."

Please let me know if you need any other help! Happy listening 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @bigmoe, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Luckily, Spotify has a Premium for Family FAQ page that might be helpful! Under the "I already have Premium. What happens to my billing?" section, it says the following:

"When you upgrade your subscription from regular Premium to Premium for Family, any remaining time you've already paid for is converted into a Premium for Family subscription. This can bring your next payment date forward."

Please let me know if you need any other help! Happy listening 🙂

Suggested posts