Premium

Country

France

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 15.1

My Question or Issue

I have no issue connecting to the Spotify app. But when any third-party app (like Shazam or any statistics/playlist organizer apps that I like to use) brings the Spotify.com login screen, that window won’t let me go through with the connection with the message: “Your request failed. Please try again.” It has been 2 weeks I am trying every day.

I’ve quadruple checked my login and password info. I’ve reset my password and tried again. I’ve tried multiple internet connections, on multiple apps, at several points in time. I’ve revoked the rights to use the API in the Spotify website and retried after a while. I’ve contacted one app maker and he couldn’t find anything wrong. At this point I really do not know what else to try!

Help!

Thanks

Tboroz

10 Replies

having the same problem but with the Facebook friend's integration have tried all the same steps as you and was about to blame Facebook but if it is happening on multiple app this sound like this issue on Spotify side of things 

I get this error message when trying to link my Facebook

fberror.PNG

Hey @Tboroz and @Rastoper,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We understand both of you are trying to connect your Spotify with a 3rd party app but are failing to do so. Could we ask you to share with us the current version of Spotify you have on where you are experiencing this issue. 

@Tboroz could you also share with us the exact app you are trying to connect Spotify with, so we can provide you with a better advice. 

@Rastoper it's worthwhile to try again to do the connection with Facebook, but this time use an incognito window of your preferred web browser. See if this will make any difference.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I am using version 8.6.84.1353.

However, the screens I am talking about specifically mention “spotify.com” and the pop-up login window is clearly headed “accounts.spotify.com” (cf. screenshots).

The app I am really interested in connecting in is called Statiks (Statistics for Spotify Music  on the iPhone App Store), developed by Anton Sarg. Another one I tried is Spotistats.

I attach screenshots of the different steps I go through.

Thanks.

Thibaut

FDAF1976-7A2B-4C6B-83BA-6B3015284337.png
1C4E5223-AAFF-4A83-8E47-C30506CC40C8.png
30BF60A8-CED9-4DAB-A23C-3466CB029C50.png

Hey again @Tboroz,

Thanks for your swift reply and the requested info.

Could we just double-check with you, if by 'revoked the rights to use the API in the Spotify website' you mean you did changes to your account's overview on this page? If not then you can check the list of apps found there, then remove any info for this app and try to do the link once again.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator

Hello,
Yes that is exactly what I did. The login screen gave the same result before (when access was not removed) or after (when the access was removed).
Tboroz

Hey @Tboroz,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you let us know if this is happening on other devices of yours, and whether it's happening if you connect to a different network.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hi,

It worked on another device. But I had an extra screen between the third-party app and the Spotify login screen, which was a consent to share the Spotify data (probably because I had never connected to Spotify on that device). I do not get that consent screen on the iPhone, but rather directly the « connect to Spotify.com » screen.
This still doesn’t work after succeeding in another device.

Thanks

Thibaut

Hey @Tboroz,

Thanks for the reply.

Since it's not an official Spotify product, but a 3rd party app using the Spotify API, you'll need to get in touch with the app developers of the 3-rd party app to check if there's anything else you need to do to make it work on your iPhone.

Note that this issue might be related to the phone's specific settings/ configuration as it works on another device.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Take care.

AlexModerator

Hello,

I don’t agree: it seems related to Spotify.com since it skips the consent screen once I am transferred onto the browser on Spotify.com. It seems that Spotify.com somehow skips this steps, perhaps because it knows the device/app I am trying to connect on. But it also seems to generate a login error, which sounds like a bug to me - shouldn’t Spotify look into it?

Anyway, resetting how Spotify and Spotify.com knows me in all my devices and app might do the trick (e.g. the cache, cookies and all that jazz). Is there an easy way to do it via Spotify to make it “forget” my devices and apps?

Thanks,

Thibaut

Hey @Tboroz

Thanks for getting back to us.

We aren’t responsible for ensuring full compatibility with 3rd party apps. Even if a part of how Spotify or related services work causes incompatibility, the devs can get in touch with our team on support to improve how their app interacts with the API we provide.

As for having Spotify forget your devices, there's no one specific button to do this. The devices keep cached data that can be cleared locally on all devices such as browsers, phones or desktop, but that again is controlled by the device. Deleting all app data and reinstalling the app should cause the app to behave like it's used for the first time on a device.

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts