My Question or Issue
This is the famous "you're offline" login issue, but none of the solutions posted here works.
When I try login on android, I get the "you are offline, check your connection and try again" error. When trying the login through the link, I get the "this link has expired" error.
I've tried everything, including
* Clear cache and data -> Don't work
* Restart the device -> Don't work
* Reinstall the app -> Don't work
* Reinstall the app (Clean reinstall: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...) -> Don't work
* Try the "connect without password" -> Don't work (say "link expired")
* Tried while connected on 4G -> Don't work
* Tried while connected on wifi -> Don't work
* Install the app while connected to a French @gmail.com account on Google Play -> Don't work
Only the app don't work. I can log-in successfully on Android Chome in spotify.com web page (using the same device, same wifi of course).
I have no idea if this is related to the issue, but here are some info about my phone:
* My Android Google account is US, but I'm located in France currently
* I haven't used the app in a while. Last time was in the US and it was working
* I created my spotify acount in the US
* My password is saved through the Google smartlock system
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hey there @EtienneFr!
Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!
You mention that you haven't used the app for a while and that you're account was created in the US.
It's possible that you're not able to log in because the system has detected your account as abroad.
You'll need to log in on your account page here and change your country settings to France.
Take a look at this page for more info.
Keep us posted on how it goes.