Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a log/history of previous profile names?

Is there a log/history of previous profile names?

Hi!
My 8 years old is using my spotify account and the past  year or two he's been having fun changing the profile name and picture regularly. Putting random and sometimes hilarious things (with the little enlighs he knows from 2nd grade at school)

Now I regret I never made any kind of record of all these names. In a few years we could really have a laugh at these with him.

Is there any way to have some kind of history of profile information over the past year? Is it logged somehow?
Thank you so much!

/ currently "Super Idol McFries" 😄

9 Replies

I don't think so. I can't find anything at least.

You're welcome to contact Spotify directly and see if they have some log on their servers, here.

Hello @Piounette!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. I'll be glad to help you out. While there isn't any way to find a history of your previous Spotify usernames from your end, there is a chance that Spotify's Customer support team can take a look backstage and help you out. You can reach out to them here.

Make sure to let me know how this goes 😄

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much for your answers!
I will try contacting supporting (and although it's not an actual problem, hope they can help)
I will let you know! 🙂
Have a good day!

(I meant "support", autocorrect :D)

Hello @Piounette!

I just found that you can download your Spotify data in this page. You might be able to find previous usernames for your account in the files downloaded.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Cool, yes it also says "account data" in the list of content, so let's hope username is considered as account data 🙂 Thank you so much for the tip!

Hey again, I'm curious 🤔

Were you or support able to find a way to get your past display names to you?

Spotify does not keep a log or history of previous profile names. Once you change your Spotify username, your old username will be permanently released and can't be used again. However, once you have changed your Spotify username, your friends will still be able to find you by searching for your email address or your old username. If you want to share your playlists with your friend, you could share the link of the playlist or the share option on the app.

It takes a while for Spotify to send the account data, from what it says in that page, it can take up to 30 days. So it's possible that they didn't get it yet

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts