NEXT STEP

Kicked out of my account

Kicked out of my account

Plan = Family

Free/Premium

Country

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify,

First I would like to say that I find it odd that you have to login in order to post something in this community. My problem is that i cannot login into my account, so now I had to create a new account to post on this forum. 

The problem is that I am kicked out of my account and I cannot login anymore. Im worried that I am hacked, because I always use one of 3 passwords and they are not working. I never use any other. The problem for resetting the password is that I created Spotify with facebook at the time. The username of my facebook was my old hotmail- email adress, an account that is blocked and I dont have access to. A couple of months I deleted facebook. So I really dont know how to log in now

I would really like to retrieve my old account. I have many playlists that people follow and I would like to update! Also, im am the admin of the family account and I pay for it, with 4 people subscribing, so another reason I would like it back as well.

Is there any way you can help me?

Kind regards,

Sigrid

3 Replies

Hey @Sigrid21, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this! In this case, I’d recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take.

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Dear Billy- J

As I said in my story, I cannot acces any emails of Spotify because I do
not have access to the hotmail account. Could you provide me Maybe with an
answer that relates to my question.

Kind regards,

Sigrid

Hey @Sigrid21

When you get to this link, there's a section called "Can't access your account?". Under that section, there's an option to get in touch with Customer Support who can take a look and do their best to help.

I'll be here for anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts