Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lil Durk Flooding My Account When I Have Never Listened To Him

Lil Durk Flooding My Account When I Have Never Listened To Him

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 14

Operating System

iOS 16.5

My Question or Issue

I think someone might have hacked into my account or there was a glitch, but now all I see is Lil Durk on my profile. So basically, it started about a week ago when I saw Lil Durk's new album and about 5 diff song radios pop up on my profile. I have 0 recollection of ever listening to Lil Durk and I have only ever seen him in memes. I changed my password and logged out of all devices, but that still doesn't change the fact that he is still everywhere. I have used the do not play option for him and excluded all of the song radios from my taste profile. I don't know who was in my account, but they were obviously a dedicated fan as now my whole Receiptify is now Lil Durk. He has now taken my #2 artist of all time and all of my top songs for the last month. Is there anyone at Spotify that can completely erase him from my profile. Like all time listened to, his song radios, songs, etc. I'm sure he's a great artist but I don't want to see him all over my profile. 

71 Replies

this is what I have been dealing with

lil durk.PNG
image.png
image.png

I am having the same exact problem

The same thing is happening to me. What the **bleep** is happening? I made a reddit post on the spotify subreddit asking about it and someone over there said they are having this problem too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/13va0r9/spotify_says_ive_been_listening_to_an_artist_i/

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM

I'm also dealing with this and it's turned me off from using Spotify completely... I usually listen to auto-generated playlists, but now all of mine are flooded with Lil Durk as every other song

Screenshot 2023-05-30 181107.png

Spotify now have unauthorised activity.  Artists can probably pay to have their music appear on feeds etc..    so I have an artist that started to randomly play while I was listening to something else.  And even though I have blocked the Artist.. on my social media connected to Spotify it shows up as the first liked Artist..

Spotify is now a scam unfortunately 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We're sorry to hear this has been happening to all of you, and we understand how important it is to fix it soon.

To begin with, we'd recommend following the security measures you'll find here. In the section ''Still have access to your account?". This will secure your accounts. Once done, you only need to keep using your accounts normally, and over time the 'Jump back in' and other playlists and recommendations created for you by Spotify will change to your personal tastes based on your listening activity. Take into account that this is not immediate, but it will gradually change. No worries!

If you keep seeing unusual activity after doing that, we'd suggest contacting our Support team so they can continue to assist you.

Thank you for letting us know about the situation.

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same thing happened to me. Makes me wonder how many of his plays and listeners are fake. I wonder if he’s making money from those plays, too. I contacted Spotify, and they tossed me around to different people in a chat for an hour, then sent me a link that went nowhere and ended the conversation. Either Spotify doesn’t care or they’re involved somehow, because they are aware of this happening, and it’s happening to a lot of people just with this Lil Durk d-bag. Try googling this exact situation. He just had a Spotify exclusive show. That might have something to do with this? Fishy, for sure.

thank god im not the only one, its been bugging me for days

My friend is having the same problem. I don’t have it but apparently this is happening to a bunch of people 

same here 😞 he's my top artist and his album has flooded my top twenty tracks for the month, I've never listened to him either. i checked and apparently, he's my 4th top artist of all time which concerns me because that might mean he will mess up my spotify wrapped which is upsetting

Same exact thing is happening to me 

Go the same problem, my spotify wrapped is gonna just be lil durk now 😭

I’m having the same problem and I’m wondering if it will affect Spotify wrapped or not 

SAME!! Idk what to do

This happened to me too. Wish it didn’t cause everything is still messed up. 

The same thing is happening to me! Its ruined Spotify for me, all my made for you mixes, discover weekly, daily drive, everything is  lil durk and lil durk adjacent.  The fact that this has happened to so many people, in the same way proves to me that its not some one off "make sure only YOU have access to your account" issue that Spotify is treating it as. Clearly something is off or compromised that needs to be addressed on their side.

A few months ago I opened my app to find lil durk’s almost healed album had completely taken over my recently played. I checked my Spotify stats and it said that lil durk was my #1 artist for the past 6 months, and all the songs from that album had completely taken over my top songs. I wouldn’t care as much if I liked lil durk, but I had never even typed in his name until I found him all over my Spotify. I’ve found other posts talking about this exact issue so I know I am not the only one with this problem. I don’t want to reset my password as I haven’t had a problem like this since and that seems to be the only response y’all give to people in my situation. I want to know if there is any way I can reset my plays for lil durk, or am I forced to just throw a few songs in a playlist and hope that I don’t see lil durk at the end of the year.

Hey @Nofa18,

Thanks for reaching out!

In this case, we recommend that you secure the account. We understand that you haven't spotted any odd activity since then, but we need to be on the safe side when it comes to this. We do suggest resetting your password here, as that is one of most crucial steps. Then head over to the account page > scroll down > click Sign out everywhere. 

Also, have a look at Manage apps to review what’s connected to your account. It’s best to remove access to all that you don't recognize. You can always reconnect them later if needed.

It's not possible to reset the listening history, however, as long as you keep on adding tracks and tunes to your playlists and listen to music, recommendations and recently played songs should update accordingly.

We hope this helps! Let us know if there's anything else.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts