Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi! Can anyone help me fix my log in issue with Spotify? I've tried all the suggestions in the help page & none resolved the issue. That is, I've changed my password, I'm connected to a stable wifi connection, not mobile data, and I've tried reinstalling & installing the app.

My account is not connected to Facebook, and is a registration using my email. I've tried to login using my email, which results in the error message "Something went wrong, please try again later." (been doing this, but I still can't log in). I've tried to log in using my username which has the message "Tap the button below from your mobile device to finish logging in to Spotify. GO TO SPOTIFY This link is valid for 4 hours." This fails, saying that the link expired, even if I had clicked just a few seconds before.

I can log in the Spotify website using my account. I've installed Spotify Lite & was able to log in there (I don't want to use Spotify Light though because I want to download songs for offline listening).

Thank you in advance for your help!

6 Replies

Hi @Marie0524 

You might want to try to reinstall spotify on your Galaxy tab. Follow the link below and see if it helps!

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Let me know!

Hi!
It's my third reinstallation but okay, done it again as per the
instructions from this page:
https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify/
Also see attached screenshot from Google play. Restarted the device after
too.
Unfortunately, I had the same errors. When I tried to login email it showed
the message "Something went wrong. Please try again later" after waiting.
Then I tried to login using my username, it showed a pop up with "Having
trouble logging in? We sent you an email with a link.." No email has been
sent though.
Any idea what's happening & how to fix it?
Best regards,
Marie

Hey there @Marie0524,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community and trying these steps!

It looks like the screenshot you shared wasn't added in your post. Could you give it another try so we can take a closer look into what's happening? Just make sure that there's no sensitive/private info visible.

Further, since you're only having troubles from this device, it might be a good idea trying to manually enter your log in details if you're using any password manager apps like Samsung Pass. 

If those don't do the trick, you can also perform a thorough uninstall of the app with the steps in this Spotify Answer instead. It contains some additional steps to the regular reinstalling steps in the support site article you've tried that could help further with what's happening.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi! I am having this exact same issue. Any luck? I did the "clean" reinstall. Possibly an issue was someone else logged in, possibly via FB, and there is a FB file somewhere from a different person causing an issue. I reset app permissions on FB as well. 

I have not been able to resolve this issue by uninstalling spotify, formatting sd card. I can get as far as signing in but then the menu is a hung up black screen. Very frustrating! Seems like I will have to reformat the device as well, which I want to use primarily for spotify. The problems started when a friend was logged in to spotify and i logged out to login with my account.

Hey there @goticotropica,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

To the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far we'd like to add a few more. 

Can you try on another device? That way we can see if it's a device-related issue. 

You can also send us a screenshot of what you are seeing after you've logged into the account. Just make sure that all the sensitive info is hidden. We'll investigate this further.

Tip: You can give these steps a go. It's also a good idea to check these steps and sign out from everywhere.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts