Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost account on Family Subscription

Lost account on Family Subscription

I have a family premium account. One of the members on there is my brother.

My emailaddress is, lets say: EMAIL A

His emailaddress is, lets say: EMAIL B 

I always log in through facebook, but one day I noticed my account was suddenly linked to EMAIL B, no idea how this happened (we often worked on the same computer tho). No big deal at the time, I could log in through facebook, and he wasn't having any trouble with his account.

Last week, my brother had connection issues and had to login again to Spotify. He tried doing this using EMAIL B and ended up on my account ... So the issue is, we have no idea what mailaddress his account is linked to now, since it refers to my account. He is still on my family subscription page, and I have an url to his profile, but how can he recover his account?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Hi there @HenriB1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry to hear that your brother can't access his Spotify account. We'd like to take a closer look into this.

Can you ask your brother to first try the steps that's provided in this article to see if he can access his Spotify account? 

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend that your brother contact our customer support here so that they can have a closer look backstage.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Credit card expired for my family account.  I entered a new card but must have defaulted to premium.  I want to get back to my original family account.  How can I do that?

Hey there @Thompsons6,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

If your subscription was reverted to free after failed payments, then your members have been removed as well from the plan. Good news is that everyone including you keeps their original accounts and their music. If you have updated your payment details now and you have subscribed again for the Family plan, then you'd need to send new invitations for your members to re-join the plan once more.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Have just faced this issue. What a bad experience. Only one reminder, not any warning. Inviting again everyone, forgotten passwords. 

Suggested posts