Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost my unlimited subcription and now only being offered premium, why?

Solved!

Lost my unlimited subcription and now only being offered premium, why?

Hello everyone,

My subscription to unlimited which I have had for quite a long time lapsed recently because my credit card expired. Now when I have the time and finally want to put in the new card details so that my subscription can continue, I am only offered the premium subscription. Why is this the case as I have had unlimited until now? I am rather baffled as I haven't requested for premium. I am based in Sweden.

I am grateful for any insight into why this is the case.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi!

Unlimited is no longer available anymore. Sorry!

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi!

Unlimited is no longer available anymore. Sorry!

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Strictly that may be true, but my free account definitely still has the option to sign up to Unlimited (from Free) by going to this page:

https://www.spotify.com/purchase/product/unlimited/?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you Joe Thomas & Peter!

I think its a shame and not right to do that if my original subscription was unlimited...it is only fair that I keep it.

I tried your link Peter and I get the message saying that I am not eligible for unlimited but I can proceed to the premium subscription.

May I ask where you are both based, as this may be dependent on location?

I am based in Sweden.

thanks again !

I'm in the UK.

Peter

Same here!

-

Thanks Joe & Peter.

I guess its a location thing...we in Sweden tend to get the tail end of the stick....ie less choices and higher prices.

It just doesn't make sense that it is available in some places and not in others.

Anyway, out of curiousity since I am new in this community, does a Spotify representative ever weigh in on posts....so would them respond to questions asked?

thanks again!

Spotify Community isn't an official support channel, so you are not guaranteed a response from Spotify here. There are other methods to get an answer directly from Spotify though - There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thank you so much Peter for the contact details to Spotify. I have contacted them and will take it from there.

Thanks again to you and Joe for your useful advice and comments.

All the best!

Suggested posts