Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account is completely gone

Solved!

My account is completely gone

I contacted support via chat today to ask a general question about potentially transferring my info to a new account. The support person forced a password reset on my account (but didn't tell me she was going to). She then explained that this is protocol in situations where someone notifies them about a potential security issue with an account. Ok, fair enough, I reset my password and logged back in no problem. I then told her that I got the information I needed, thanked her, and recommended that they warn someone if they are going to force a password reset in the future. I then ended the chat. 

A minute later, I got kicked out of Spotify again. I also received an email saying my premium subscription has been cancelled. I clicked the link in the email to "upgrade" my service, and was prompted to log in. My password didn't work anymore. I tried to "reset password" and after entering my email address was told that my account does not exist.

I can't log in, I can't reset my password, I can't even contact support because that requires you to log in. I have no idea what happened. My best guess is that the support person pressed the wrong button. Any idea how I can get my account back online?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @driensche, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

All you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and their Accounts team can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @driensche, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

All you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and their Accounts team can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Suggested posts