Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My account keeps getting hacked

Solved!

My account keeps getting hacked

Plan

Free

Country

Romania

Device

Samsung galaxy J6+(2018)

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

My account keeps getting hacked despite the fact that my password is 40 characters long whit symbols numbers uppercase and lowercase .etc.I followed the instructions provided by spotify(change password sign out everywhere etc.)I do not know what else to do I scanned my phone using malwarebytes and it came back empty.I did a factory reset and nothing.I realized that my account got hacked because there were 2 new songs in my liked songs playlist,I did not recive a new login email.I know that I didn't add those songs.I do not know what else to do please help me!

Sorry for bad english,and waiting for your response,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed!

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear my post was helpful. You should get a reply within the first 48 hours after you contact Support. Also make sure to reply to the email if you get an automated reply. That way the ticket will be created and a Spotify agent will get in touch.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hello @user-removed!

Thanks for reaching out.

In this case, I'd recommend you contact Spotify support so they can take a look backstage and hopefully solve this as soon as possible. Just click here.

Hope this helps 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thank you for answering!I followed the link that you provided I tried contancting them in the past and I chated with one of the customer support staff from there,but now i don't know why it says that they will send me an email later I tried the same thing like three times(maybe the staff is busy I don't know),anyway thanks again for ansewering!Belive it or not,it means a lot I am a deeply paranoid person and finding someone that finally helps me stops my hands from shaking and my mind to calm a little bit this means a lot to me.
Daniel

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed!

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear my post was helpful. You should get a reply within the first 48 hours after you contact Support. Also make sure to reply to the email if you get an automated reply. That way the ticket will be created and a Spotify agent will get in touch.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

I already recived an email from them they changed my password and signed out everywhere.They provided a link in the email to lead me to creating a new password but because i am a skeptical guy I didn't tap on it,anyway i created a new password.They told me via the same email that if any suspicious actuvity I should report back to them...

So far nothing suspicious(no new playlist or songs etc.)I still do not understand why they contacted me via mail a few days ago I chatded whit them online maybe you can explain that to me if you find the time.

Thank you for helping me,sorry for bad english have a good one!

Daniel

Hey @user-removed!

I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. As far as your other question, Spotify is constantly trying easier ways for users to contact them. Some help channels may be different depending on the language or country in which you contact them. Generally, you can always get support via email, social media like Twitter or Facebook, in the Community Help boards or in the Spotify Support site.

Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Back-to-the-music500px.gif

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi there!
Something suspicious happened while using spotify today I tapped on a song it played for 2 seconds and then it changed to another one(from the same playlist) I changed my password and signed out everywhere.What I find odd is the fact that there are no new login emails no pop up mesaage saying "curently playinh on X device" and my password and email were the same he/she had more than enough time to change both of them also no playlists are deleted and no new ones appear in my library anyway nothing else indicates that my account got hacked.Is this some sort of glitch? I do not know what to do as I mentioned last time I did everything that can be done I scanned my phone using malwarebytes I factory reset and nothingI do not know what else to do.Please help me!

Waiting for your response,
Daniel

Hey there @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply.

Did this happen one time or multiple times? Can it be that you accidentally changed song?

It can always be good to make sure that your app is up to date.

You can also try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers! 

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there and sorry for replying so late I want to mention that it is impossible for me to change the song by acccident since i was trying to play the first song and it jumped to the last.Anyway this never happened again since last time as I said this confuses me because there is no other things that indicates the fact that my account got hacked.The app is also up to date constantly since the google play auto update feature is on.Thank you for your answer,and have a good one,

Daniel

P.S:I didn't answer earlier because I did not know that someone replied usually I would have to recive an email but this time that did not happened.

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Glad to hear that everything works fine again.

Give us a shout if you need help with anything else.

Have a super day!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts