Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account's Playlist, Song list, ect have all changed to what seems to be someone else's.

My account's Playlist, Song list, ect have all changed to what seems to be someone else's.

I've been using spotify for about 6 months now. I don't share it with anyone. This is the first time I've seen something like this.

I logged into spotify on my phone this morning, clicked on "songs" only to discover that my usual Cream, Led Zeppelin, ELP, and Queen, ect, are all missing. Now, my "songs" only conist of P!nk, RHCP, Selena Gomez, along with a bunch of other random songs. My playlist are all completely gone too.

Everything else is still exactly the same. Account picture, password, known devices, friends, everything. Even my search history is untouched. I've tried restarting and reloging.

It seems that my account's Song's list has been replaced by someone elses, a database bug nonetheless. I hope that someone from spotify will see this as a bug and not a user error. This undoubtfully a result of bad programming unfortunatly.

I've attached what my playslist is now, note how all the music was added at the same time. I'll also post weekly playlist, showing all the things I used to have on there.

EDIT: The thrid attachment is a picture of the day after this post. As you can see music is being added to my songs list. I did not add this music.

Screenshot from 2017-08-11 00-57-26.png
asdf.png
Screenshot from 2017-08-11 13-11-52.png
2 Replies

Hi,

My brother deleted my playlists, songs, and playlists followers but Spotify was able to recover it. 

You can contact them here.

https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/

Something very similar happened to me, suddenly I noticed that a bunch of music I don't like was being played on my account through an unauthorized device. I changed all my passwords and eventually the device disconnected.

I would VERY much like to be able to edit my listening history. The option that I was given by a support agent was to create a new account...which is not a good solution.

Suggested posts