Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not Getting Advertised Promotional Rate - 99 Cents for Three Months

Solved!

Not Getting Advertised Promotional Rate - 99 Cents for Three Months

When I logged in under my trial on the splash page it showed a promotion for the first three months of premium at 99 cents per month. When I activated premium I did not get the promotional rate. How do I get this fixed? I was charged the normal $9.99 per month.

MODERATOR EDIT:

Hi everyone, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community to reach out with your questions.

As many of you have already posted, the offer for 3 months for .99 USD is available to users that have never had Premium on their account before (via a subscription or a trial). We have more info about this holiday offer here on our FAQ page as well.

Please know we’ve read your comments on this and we’re passing on your feedback around this offer.

If you have had an any further questions about your subscription please get in touch with us via the contact form so we can take a closer look at your account. You’ll then hear from our team shortly, thanks!

142 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi everyone, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community to reach out with your questions.

As many of you have already posted, the offer for 3 months for .99 USD is available to users that have never had Premium on their account before (via a subscription or a trial). We have more info about this holiday offer here on our FAQ page as well.

Please know we’ve read your comments on this and we’re passing on your feedback around this offer.

If you have had an any further questions about your subscription please get in touch with us via the contact form so we can take a closer look at your account. You’ll then hear from our team shortly, thanks!

Hi. Can i know why in italy we are having advertising of this 0.99€ promo but browsing the spotify website (spotify.com/it/) we can't find nothing about it?? This is really weird.

I just had the same issue. In the spanish page there's absolutely no freaking info/faq about this promo. 100% misleading and know i want my money back, I want absolutely NOTHING from Spotify, no premium, nothing, just give me the money and i won't ever use this again

This is absurd. I'm gonna write to Customer Support and see if I anything can be done about this false advertising. I didn't sign up for one month at $9.99, I signed up for three months at $0.99. 

promo US.jpg

Normally in advertising (at least in America)... an asterisk denotes the use of a footnotes or "fine print".

In this case, it should have read (this would have prompted me to read futher at the bottom of the page for details):

Get your first 3 months of Spotify Premium for only $0.99.*

I would have seen the asterisk and then read the "fine print".

It is not a matter of reading, just advertising and being forthright about terms and conditions.

In my opinion, and probably many others in this thread, this was misleading from the start.

So... to me it appears that a solution would be what jazzytones5885 suggested:

> Hey just do what I did: created a new email and account. 

> Sure I don't have all my music and playlists but it's worth saving 29 dollars 😄

> That's what Spotify gets for not updating the Roku app. EAT IT SPOTIFY.

After you create a new account just use the "follow" feature for your old account and then you have access to all of your existing playlist.

Wow ! Did Spotify just remove this post from the "Help - Accounts & Subscriptions" section? I remember it being the top post there, it is no longer accessible from that section. If less people knew about this post then they can scam money out of more people, fantastic plan spotify.

Adding a screen shot of the ad on my account http://i.imgur.com/kbz9ORj.jpg " You can see that they haven't mentioned any restrictions in the ad.

I too fell for this sneaky marketing bait-and-switch. There was no fine print, no caveats, and no indication that this was only available for new members. If they refuse to refund the money, as seems to be the case, it's always very easy to do a credit card chargeback. 

The FTC's guidelines are very clear on this point.

"Disclosures that are required to prevent an advertisement from being deceptive, unfair, or otherwise violative of a Commission rule, must be presented “clearly and conspicuously.” Whether a disclosure meets this standard is measured by its performance — that is, how consumers actually perceive and understand the disclosure within the context of the entire ad. The key is the overall net impression of the ad — that is, whether the claims consumers take from the ad are truthful and substantiated. If a disclosure is not seen or comprehended, it will not change the net impression consumers take from the ad and therefore cannot qualify the claim to avoid a misleading impression."

I cancelled my $9.99 subscription the same day that I got it, emailed them, and was offered a refund. They were very nice and polite and apologized for any inconvenience it caused me. 

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

We’re treating these cases as priority. If you have any questions about your subscription, please get in touch with us via this form. If you don’t receive a reply within 3 hours, post your case # here and we’ll chase it up. 

I have contacted them once and did nothing,  reply again and 6 hours later nothing.  I just want a refund and never use Spotify again

Yeah, I finally got a reply to my request, almost 16 hours later.  "Gee sorry and all" was the gist of it, no offer to refund the mistake.  I'm willing to accept a prorated refund, even, since I did use Spotify early this morning while it was still in Premium mode. 

Hey mssporto,

Can you please post your case # here, or send us a Private Message so we can chase it up?

Thanks!

Hi there, 

This is it    [ ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0mYOwh:ref ]

Thanks in advance 

I emailed them last night and they said they wouldn't give me a refund but instead give me one extra month of premium free (so it's like I'm paying for 2 months with the student discount)

However, I never got a reply back when I replied to them and it's been a while

Here's my case number
ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0mYAKF:ref

Thanks for looking into this . What I don't understand is why you have the same ad running , my homepage on the site still has the same misleading message ! Are you hoping con more people out of their money ?

Hey CrackedLCD!

Could you please post your case # number here? We'll be happy to chase it up!

I had the same response from the Contact Us folks. "Oh, sorry there was a misunderstanding."

My case number: ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0mY7u5:ref

Thanks @turnerm5, @mahsaz and @user-removed!

You should get an email very soon from our support team, keep an eye on your inbox.

Suggested posts