Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not Getting Advertised Promotional Rate - 99 Cents for Three Months

Solved!

Not Getting Advertised Promotional Rate - 99 Cents for Three Months

When I logged in under my trial on the splash page it showed a promotion for the first three months of premium at 99 cents per month. When I activated premium I did not get the promotional rate. How do I get this fixed? I was charged the normal $9.99 per month.

MODERATOR EDIT:

Hi everyone, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community to reach out with your questions.

As many of you have already posted, the offer for 3 months for .99 USD is available to users that have never had Premium on their account before (via a subscription or a trial). We have more info about this holiday offer here on our FAQ page as well.

Please know we’ve read your comments on this and we’re passing on your feedback around this offer.

If you have had an any further questions about your subscription please get in touch with us via the contact form so we can take a closer look at your account. You’ll then hear from our team shortly, thanks!

142 Replies

So I just received an email from Spotify community mailer telling me how to change my subscription options. I've already tried tertiary there are no options. So here's the deal Spotify a premium subscription cost 9.99 plus tax or 10.59 the 3 months for.99 costs 1.05 I used a $10 gift card to sign up for the 3 months for.99 promotion. Do I need to be an clearer?

@megangilmore83

Gift cards cannot be used with offers.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, i've been trying to get the Spotify offer "three months for 0.99" and when i click on it, it directs me to a page where it says i'm going to pay $5.99 per month. I HAVE NEVER HAD SPOTIFY PREMIUN BEFORE, NOR USED TO 30 DAYS TRIAL so can you please tell me if the offer already expired or why does it say that i'm gonna pay a different amount that what the ad says.

Thank you for clearing this up!

I WAS SUPPOSE TO GET 3 MONTHS FOR .99 CENTS BUT INSTEAD I BARELY GOT 2 WEEKS ,THEN THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME TODAY $9.99 WTF PLAN STARTED 5-15-2015 ITS NOW JUNE 1 2015 I NEED SOMEONE TO EMAIL ME A REFUND.. PLUS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER..WTF SPOTIFY CONTACT SERGIO @ WERIDECHEVY209@GMAIL.COM

Well, this is absolutely ridiculous.  I had a one week free trial, so I don't qualify for 3 months for a buck?  Obviously, if I had been properly informed by your advertising that those were my choices, I would have chosen the latter option.  I had every intention of continuing to keep the service after the three month period.  Now that I know what kind of deceitful company this is, however, I will be cancelling my service before it renews next month.

So I accepted the free 7 day trial on my app the other day and immediately got an email saying I could extend for 3 months for .99 cents. So I went in and accepted this and added payment info. My account still said my premium would end in a week though. I figured it would change after the fact but then got an email 2 days befor the trial is up saying there is still time to take up the offer. I checked my PayPal and the approval did register there. So what should I expect in 2 days after reading this thread?

Happy Premium!
Thanks for taking our 7 day free trial! If you’d like more time to discover Spotify Premium, click the button to enjoy another 3 months for the price of $0.99.

I just signed up for this after hearing it on the spotify shuffle. It automatically charged me 9.99, and I've never had premium before. Did anyone find a fix for this?

I emailed support and they confirmed I was registered for the .99 cent deal even though it wasn't very clear on my profile. At the end of my 7 day trial I got billed for the proper amount. We will see how this goes in a couple weeks and if it will be worthwhile to keep it going after 3 months. Good luck!

case number: 03075830

I was charged 99 cents today on 06-08-15.

I've never had premium before wether it be paid or a free trial.

When I go to my subscription page (which I attached below) it says that it will automatically renew on 06-09-15 (which is tomorrow) for $9.99.

THAT IS ONLY ONE DAY.

After seeing this thread I'm nervous I will be charged the full amount for some crazy reason and I would like to know BEFORE that happens so I can cancel.  E-mailed once and no response yet.

HELP!

Same here. I don't appreciate the false advertising.

Also, I have never had premium before or signed up for a free trial.

Quick question I need answered by the 15th. Is the 3 month trial 99 cents for 3 months, or 99 cents per month for 3 months? Also if I were to cancel, which isn't likely, would it cancel the promotion I already paid for?

I have not had a premium subscription before and signed up for the offer, and have also been signed up to be charged the full $10. I want to try premium before I am charged $10/month

Same. But I'm on mobile and it's saying $12.99 per month which is ridiculous. .99 cents is not true. Fix this spotify!!! Spotify lied to us all.

Made a new account and am trying to get this promotion I see on the ads. I have never used a premium trial so I should be getting the $.99 deal but whenever I go to pay it says $9.99. I have tried to email them about said problem but a bot just answers saying go to the FAQ or community thing. This is shown in the attachment. Help please?

Screen Shot 2015-08-25 at 6.00.28 PM.png

I keep clicking on the banner to sign up for 90 days premium for 99 cents and I keep getting over and over a page asking if I want to try premium for free for 30 days? No I don't I want to try 90 days for 99 cents!!! is the web site down or broken or something? Couldn't find a spotify customer service link either...

I received an email this weekend saying I had until today to sign up for 3 months at 99 cents. When I go toy account page, the only option is a free 1-month trial. That's great and all, but it's not the 3-month one. I've never had premium before. How come there isn't the 3-month 99 cents option?

Same thing happened to me help me spotify

I had the same problems, except i had the deal, but for only one month, then i find the full price being taken out of my account for the second months charge.  The promotion led me to believe that all three months would cost 99 cents, so why am i being charged again? An why am i being charged full price?

Same problem....this is cheating!

Still getting email messages about this thread.   12 pages long already I see (and I posted a reply long long time ago).     If users took the time to post on your forum, give them the darn .99 cents for 3 months.  They are already loyal users else they would not have taken the time.  Me, i do't care about the commericals, I just mute it for a minute or so.   I bet if you extended it to current users, they would actulaly continue the premium at your REGULAR price.     My two cents.  

Suggested posts