Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not accepting card details

Not accepting card details

Hi, I changed banks and spotify is not accepting my new debit card details. A dialogue box pops up which reads "payment failure". I have contacted the bank and they have assured me that everything is all right on their end and that they have been receiving many complaints from many people regarding spotify not accepting their card details as of late.

Plan

Free as cannot upgrade as will not accept card details

Country
South Africa

Device

Samsung J4+

Operating System

Android

5 Replies

Hey @Ricky961, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

Could you try following some payment troubleshooting steps here? If possible, you could try another payment method and see if that helps.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi thanks for reaching out. The trouble shooting didn't seem to help. I guess I'll have to use alternate payment methods. 

Hey there @Ricky961

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Do you mind also trying in a different browser? When the private/incognito window step didn't help it's best to just switch to another browser and try it fresh.  

If this doesn't help try on another device, preferably a PC. This step is useful as the issue might be device-related. 

Hope this helps. We'll look out for your reply.

Hi thank for reaching out. I've tried both of those suggestions and neither seems to work. 

Hi @Ricky961,

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying out our suggestions! 

In South Africa you should be able to pay with VISA, MasterCard and AMEX. 

Alternatively, you could try with a different payment method shown on your account page.

We hope this helps!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts