Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline devices management

Solved!

Offline devices management

Hi, I want to delete some of offline devices but I don't see related tab on Spotify.com/account 

I find out that I can do it through support but I don't think that it's comfortable

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @bndlvskold,

Thanks for asking about this! 

Yes, the limit for downloads on up to 5 devices still applies. If you download to a 6th device, the downloads from the device you use the least should be automatically removed.

Can you let us know why is it that you want to remove your devices for offline listening?

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

1. Hey @bndlvskold, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

The Offline Devices page has been removed, and that would explain why you're not able to see it at the moment.

If this is something you'd like to see come back in the future, I'd recommend checking out the Ideas Exchange.

Since you're trying to remove offline devices, I'll take a closer look and get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for your patience!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @bndlvskold,

Following @Billy-J's suggestion, it'd be great for you to take a look at this idea in particular and leave your vote (by clicking +VOTE) as well as feedback. That way, you'll be notified with all the future updates on the case.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you also wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

But limit on 5 devices still function?
Marked as solution

Hi @bndlvskold,

Thanks for asking about this! 

Yes, the limit for downloads on up to 5 devices still applies. If you download to a 6th device, the downloads from the device you use the least should be automatically removed.

Can you let us know why is it that you want to remove your devices for offline listening?

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Oh, if previous devices remove automatically after adding a 6th devices then I have no problem with it. Thanks

Hi @bndlvskold,

We're happy to hear this worked out for you! 

Thanks for marking my reply as a Solution. Hopefully other users who come across this thread will find it useful too.

Enjoy your music 🙂

PetyaModerator

Removing Offline Device management from the account page is something that should not have been done.

Many users who use smart watches such as the Gear S3 from Samsung are expericing issues with the Spotify app that logs itself as a different device each time the watch is restarted, leading to users using up more than 5 devices with just 1. 

This issue is very annoying due to, as stated the removed device from the list will have all of its downloaded music deleted.

Now imagine waking up to go to work, you open your laptop and Spotify is offline due to the firewall but you have no music to listen to because the device you are using has been replaced by another instance from your Smart Watch.

TLDR: Offline Device management should have never been removed as it hotfixes issues with compatibility on some devices.

D4NK M3M3 3XP3R7

I can't manage the device, on my iphone I just get a messages that says "Offline access for this device has been denied because you've already enabled offline access on the allowed number of devices"  The issue is I only have 2 devices!! Spotify allows 5. There is no feature or menu to correct this, so I can't listen to spotify now, should I just close my account and use Tidal or youtube, apple etc since this company does not support solving these issues? 

The solution does not work, when I try and do what this says, it just crashes my ios app. Jan 26 2023

Hey @techuser,

Thanks for reaching out.

This definitely doesn't sound like expected behavior. Have you tried reinstalling the app on your two devices as described here?

Let us know what happens.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts