Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

Solved!

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

I often get a message on my iPhone from spotify that I have offline playlists synced on more then 3 devices, and I have an option if I want to save my offline playlists on my telefone the message says that I just should quit and restarts spotify.
BUT NOW TO THE PROBLEM!!: I follow the message and quit spotify with hope that all my offlinemusic will still be there, BUT NO..!! And the other thing is that i DO NOT have synced playlists on 3 devices!!!! ONLY on my iphone!! When I restart spotify all music that I have synced are gone!!!?? WHY?! This is so annoying, and I am a paying coustomer so this makes me so angry!! Why pay if the program, by itself deletes my synced stuff...please help? What to do when even not the steps that I follow do not do as it says..?!
378 Replies
Marked as solution

Could you reset mine as well please? Annoying to resync every other day only to listen to music for half an hour on the move. Hope this gets fixed 🙂 Thanks..

I would just like to clarify my situation since this seems not to be the run-of-the-mill case. I am in fact using Android, and was greeted with this error message for the first time just after I had tried out the new preview, decided it was buggy as hell, uninstalled it and reinstalled the old version.

So I suppose you are on the right track there Richard - some sort of randomness caused by the preview version. 

Marked as solution

SergenHD - Done. Cat Tongue

magkliarn - which device in particular are you using?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

HI,

I seem to be having a similar problem, I had the 3 device message and I have snce tried to sinc but It's taking over a min per song?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I have used more than 3 devices but I would like to remove some ( as I only own a couple now ) How can you find out what is linked to your account?

Taffscott - I can disconnect all the devices for you, but you will lose the offline tracks synced on any of them. Would you still like me to do so?

There isn't a way to find out what devices are linked to your account at this moment in time. Unless you ask us.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

HI,

yes can you diconnect all my devices please ( assuming I can resync them later )

I have 4 devices I would love to use in the future is there any way of sorting this or will I have to lose one of them?

thanks alistair

Cool, all disconnected for you. You'll be able to resync them, yes.

You'll be limited to 3 devices, I'm afraid. So you won't be able to use all 4 for offline mode.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I also got the same message yesterday.

I got it after switching from the beta version back to the "stable" old version (latest on Google play) on my Samsung Galaxy s2 Android device.

What devices of mine are synced now? I haven't added any devices yesterday so I don't know where my new device came from.

Can I get a list of my devices?

Br

Anders

Could you reset my offline devices as well. User tomasrq. If it can solve the problem with the disappearing offline files on the Iphone it is worth the trouble.

MrAJo - I'd suggest resetting your devices here. Should get it working again. You'll need to re-sync your music again though. Would you like me to do it?

Tomasrq - I've just done that for you. Could you also try a clean reinstall of Spotify on your iPhone, as this should have been sorted in the newest update.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks! I'll try that!

Hmmm sure you can do that. But if I get a list of my devices I maybe can figure it all out on my own which device is number 3 and unsync it myself?

Then I dont have to resync everything.

Br

Anders

I'm using a HTC Desire S with Android version 2.3.5.

Funny thing is I tried resyncing the other day and it worked. Since I have ever only had one device connected to this account (my Desire S) and that's what you can see from your end as well I find it a bit strange that I recieved this error message. But again, it probably has something to do with the preview version.

Hi,

I have this message appearing on all my devices now as over the years I have had spotify premium on at 6 different devices.

Could you help me by removing all the listed devices from my account and letting me start over and sync with 3 new devices?

@TiMtImInYtImTiM wrote:

Hi,

I have this message appearing on all my devices now as over the years I have had spotify premium on at 6 different devices.

Could you help me by removing all the listed devices from my account and letting me start over and sync with 3 new devices?

Done!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I am having this problem as well.

I only have an old htc hero and a galaxy note synced. I think I might still have my old s2 synced but it's dead and gone:(

@Hadge wrote:

I am having this problem as well.

I only have an old htc hero and a galaxy note synced. I think I might still have my old s2 synced but it's dead and gone:(

Would you like me to give the reset a go? Currently I can see 3 devices registered to your account.

Can you give me the reset to? Maybe thats the best thing for me anyway?

How many devices do I have synced? 😃

Br

Anders 

Yes, that would be good!

Suggested posts