Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On Repeat, Repeat Rewind, Daily Mix Playlists Not Updating

Solved!

On Repeat, Repeat Rewind, Daily Mix Playlists Not Updating

Plan: Premium

Devices: MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System: macOS Monterey (Version 12.1), Android Oreo (8.0.0)

Spotify Version on Laptop: Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.76.447.g11f432d8

Spotify Version on Phone: Spotify for Android from Google Play (Version 8.6.96.422) 

My Question or Issue:

My customized playlists (On Repeat, Repeat Rewind, Daily Mixes) haven't been updating for a while. For the On Repeat and Repeat Rewind playlists specifically, it's been 10 days since the last refresh. I have the latest Spotify app versions on both my laptop and phone. I've tried logging out & logging back in. I've also cleared the cache on my phone for the app. I've also uninstalled + reinstalled the app. Nothing has worked so far. Please advise.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tahstastic,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We get that your personalized playlists are not being updated as expected and that you've done some extensive troubleshooting already - Kudos for that! To rule out, if this is just an expected behavior of the app for your account, we'll be happy to share more info on how the personalized playlists are being curated for you:

1. The On Repeat / Repeat Rewind playlists are filled with songs that you currently love, based on your liked songs and how many times you've played each one of them. The playlists are supposed to refresh/update their content every 5 days or so, however if your musical preferences and listening habits have not dramatically changed in this period, a notable change might be observed from a week to three weeks later, depending on how actively you explore, like and play (on repeat) new artists and their music.

2. As for the Daily Mixes, here is how they work: If a Daily Mix is ​​opened up again within 8 hours, the playlist will pick up from where it left off, hence it will not be refreshed. If the mix is ​​inactive for more than 8 hours, then the playlist will be reordered and remixed for you. If you've played your Daily Mix continuously or played it and paused it, it won't be remixed for you until you actually switch to another playable content and then come back 8 hours later. Also note that the Daily Mixes are ​​not updated with fresh content every 8 hours, but they are curated again using the existing pool of your liked content (which in turn updates itself on a weekly basis).

So to conclude, when exploring and adding new songs or artists to your faves, you could expect them to start appearing in your personalized On Repeat / Repeat Rewind and Daily Mix playlists, a week or three later.

Hope this is useful. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @tahstastic,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We get that your personalized playlists are not being updated as expected and that you've done some extensive troubleshooting already - Kudos for that! To rule out, if this is just an expected behavior of the app for your account, we'll be happy to share more info on how the personalized playlists are being curated for you:

1. The On Repeat / Repeat Rewind playlists are filled with songs that you currently love, based on your liked songs and how many times you've played each one of them. The playlists are supposed to refresh/update their content every 5 days or so, however if your musical preferences and listening habits have not dramatically changed in this period, a notable change might be observed from a week to three weeks later, depending on how actively you explore, like and play (on repeat) new artists and their music.

2. As for the Daily Mixes, here is how they work: If a Daily Mix is ​​opened up again within 8 hours, the playlist will pick up from where it left off, hence it will not be refreshed. If the mix is ​​inactive for more than 8 hours, then the playlist will be reordered and remixed for you. If you've played your Daily Mix continuously or played it and paused it, it won't be remixed for you until you actually switch to another playable content and then come back 8 hours later. Also note that the Daily Mixes are ​​not updated with fresh content every 8 hours, but they are curated again using the existing pool of your liked content (which in turn updates itself on a weekly basis).

So to conclude, when exploring and adding new songs or artists to your faves, you could expect them to start appearing in your personalized On Repeat / Repeat Rewind and Daily Mix playlists, a week or three later.

Hope this is useful. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Experiencing this same problem for over a month now.  Daily Mixes remained static despite not opening them within 8 hours and having closed on all devices.  Artist Radio also not refreshing even after periods greater than 8 hours and having closed on all devices. 

Suggested posts