Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] How can I create one duo account by adding my free account to my friends premium account?

Solved!

[Other] How can I create one duo account by adding my free account to my friends premium account?

I have a Spotify free account and my girlfriend who resides with me has a premium account can we share a duo account? If so how do we go about setting that up as we both have existing libraries?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @pipingman1,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

Setting up a Duo subscription is very easy and I'll walk you through the steps. Whenever you create a group subscription, one account has to be the administrator.

Since your girlfriend is already Premium, she can be the Duo's main account. She just needs to access her Account Overview and choose the Duo subscription from the available plans. 

She'll have to follow the steps to register a home address and then, invite you to the plan. Nothing will change on your account and library, you'll keep the same music.

Keep in mind that the only account that will be billed will be your girlfriend's (since she's the administrator). 

In this FAQ you can find more information about the Duo subscription. And if you still have any questions, you can let us know.

Cheers! 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @pipingman1,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

Setting up a Duo subscription is very easy and I'll walk you through the steps. Whenever you create a group subscription, one account has to be the administrator.

Since your girlfriend is already Premium, she can be the Duo's main account. She just needs to access her Account Overview and choose the Duo subscription from the available plans. 

She'll have to follow the steps to register a home address and then, invite you to the plan. Nothing will change on your account and library, you'll keep the same music.

Keep in mind that the only account that will be billed will be your girlfriend's (since she's the administrator). 

In this FAQ you can find more information about the Duo subscription. And if you still have any questions, you can let us know.

Cheers! 

MafeGModerator

THank you for your response, happy listening.

I got my premium duo account but my girlfriend still has a free account when she accepted my invite it says they both should be premium accounts

Hey there @dboyd2712,

Thanks for the post.

Doublecheck if she's accepted the invitation on the right account. She can check the status of her account on her account page, to make sure. 

On your account page under the Family tab, you should be able to see if the username of the Duo member account matches that of your girlfriend's account.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts