Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Covers

Solved!

Playlist Covers

Hi,

I created three playlists on my account at different times last month. I was able to add a custom cover and a playlist description to the first two playlists but I no longer have the option for the third playlist. Any idea why?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

And this is what I found out: Turns out you need to be using the desktop app to be able to edit playlists. If you were at one point able to do this on your iPhone, that may have just been some kind of test that has since been removed. So, if you'll just download the full desktop version of Spotify to your computer, you should be able to make edits without any further issues. Here is the guide to playlist personalization for more info.

Also, here is a link to download the desktop software.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi, thanks for posting. That's really strange. Can you go back and edit the other two playlist covers still? Also, what device are you using, and would it be possible to test this on another device?

If nothing else, a reinstall may be in order, and you can read the steps to complete that here.

dinomightSpotify Star

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm unable to edit the two playlists that I had successfully customized. I've tried to make the updates through the iphone app and through a web browser (Chrome).

It's like I had the permissions but they've been revoked. This is a free account I am using.

Okay, and did you try to reinstall on your iPhone yet?

dinomightSpotify Star

I uninstalled and re-installed the app on my iPhone. No change. Still can't customize.

Okay, thanks for trying that. I'm going to escalate this to staff just to check if there could be any other underlying reason this wouldn't be working for you.

dinomightSpotify Star
Marked as solution

And this is what I found out: Turns out you need to be using the desktop app to be able to edit playlists. If you were at one point able to do this on your iPhone, that may have just been some kind of test that has since been removed. So, if you'll just download the full desktop version of Spotify to your computer, you should be able to make edits without any further issues. Here is the guide to playlist personalization for more info.

Also, here is a link to download the desktop software.

dinomightSpotify Star

That worked! Thanks so much for finding the fix! Much appreciated.

No problem, glad you're able to edit your playlists again!

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts