Announcements

Playlists Being Falsely Reported!!!

Re: Playlists Being Falsely Reported!!!

I replied to another one of your posts on this issue. Just wanted to reiterate, I have the same issue. People have made a carbon copy of my playlist and took mine down to divert attention to theirs. I contacted support and after months of slow communication I finally spoke with the Executive Support team. A year later, and I still haven't received any conclusive resolutions. 

Roadie

You're not alone, I have the same problem.

My Playlist has some really good SEO rankings and since two weeks someone is reporting them over and over.

The first time Spotify answered my mail and claimed to have a look at the problem.

Now the support does not even answer my mail.

It is extremly frustrating as I put lots of effort in my playlists and some random user can report it for no reason so it's taken down.

This is really user / curator unfriendly!

Spotify, you need to improve the reporting playlist if you do not want to loose the great number of users that spend their freetime to curate great playlists for all Spotify Users!

Visitor

This has been happening to one of my playlists for the past 3 months. It's very stressful. I'm sure who's been reporting my playlist. They have a similar playlist but with random songs of unknown artists that has nothing to do with the show. (context: I curate soundtracks for TV shows) I'm assuming they get paid to add those artists to their playlists. Spotify's report system is really flawed. I'm thinking of moving to a different streaming platform because the stress isn't worth it.

Hey there folks!

Thanks for reporting this to us and we're sorry to hear that this has been happening to you.

We have a live idea about this here and we suggest leaving a +Vote to support the idea.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Casual Listener
BUMP. This is happening to me too, for two weeks now. I'm outraged I can't get any help from Spotify. What a disservice to its users to not investigate these reports BEFORE removing all our hard work... ruining a popular playlist, and for what. I've emailed a million customer service reps at this point, no help, tried contacting Spotify Chat, they told me that the only way to get help would be to reply to the emails. So they sent me on a loop of no help and no solution.

Casual Listener
Really can't believe there aren't any rules in place to protect us, and don't have much hope since this idea is months old, but this would really help. I have even found the user who has copied my playlist title, plus you have their freaking email addresses, I don't see how it's hard to track down the people who are harassing us users with these reports. So disappointing that Spotify isn't helping.

Music Fan

There needs to be a checks and balance of false abusive reporting behavior, my playlist recently got targeted with this nonsense and its quite annoying.  There needs to be a checks and balances measure at spotify to weed out these false claims - does anyone know if the same user can issue multiple reports for the same reasoning, meaning can one user target my playlist and constantly report it, or do they need to have a separate user account in order to do so? 

My playlist in question was created literally 10 years ago and has operated just fine, and now as of yesterday, is constantly flagged  - for no reason whatsover.  Spotify keeps analytics and records on every users moves throughout the year, why can't they identify suspicious reporting - and apply a "human touch" to verify the claims are meritless?

Music Fan

did you ever get any resolution on this? One of my playlists is getting targeted i believe right now, and i've received about 6 or 7 notices in the past 12 hours - all without merit of course, and i replied to support but from reading these boards, i am not confident they have grasped the problem yet.

Regular
No fix yet, still happens to me all the time. I gave up having a cover art and playlist description because it takes too long to add it back every time.

Music Fan

can the same user report the same playlist multiple times, or is the belief that each false report is a separate account?

SUGGESTED POSTS