Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] How do I stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist?

[Playlists] How do I stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist?

It’s really annoying cause I don’t want your **bleep**ing suggestions. If I did then there’d be no point of creating a playlist with music that I LIKE. So stop. Seriously. Also stop adding more songs after I try to delete the ones you add. Please let me know how to shut this function off.

85 Replies

Hey, Saizon! 

If you've made a personal playlist that wasn't originally made by Spotify, songs will not be automatically added to your playlists. If it is a playlist that's curated by Spotify, you may want to just move all the songs into your own playlist to prevent them from adding more. If you're talking about the "Autoplay similar songs" feature, that can be turned off by clicking the down arrow next to your profile name --> Settings-->Autoplay. Hope this helps! 

No, they add songs. There’s two subheadings “you added” and “we added” in which they add new songs to my playlist which I can’t delete, because another one just pops up.

Those playlists must either be 

a) Collaborative playlists

b) Spotify Curated 

Can you post a screenshot of the referenced playlist? 

Here's a screenshot showing it's my playlist. It's not Spotify curated or collaborative. https://imgur.com/WrupMaa

I see. That feature is included with the free version of Spotify. It can be disabled by upgrading to premium here. But don't worry, the "we added" tracks are not actually a part of your playlist, only suggestions. The actual playlist will only contain the tracks you added. Hope this helps! 

Ah...Time to cry. Thanks for the info though!

thats such bullsh*t. some of us cant pay for premium and so for that you guys take away our skips, offline listening, and put on TONS of ads. i think we should be able to at least listen to our own playlists without you guys “adding songs”. 

This should NOT be a feature AT ALL! I get you play ads on free accounts, because that's how you get paid, but 'suggesting' songs in playlists is NOT OK. There has been a number of threads on this, this is the only one I've seen that has had a decent amount of interaction

You should really rethink this feature - All the new changes, among other things (there's a list) are detering me from getting a Spotify subscription (I've also seen the updates you add to premium accounts-really annoying how many changes you make) and this pushing of songs on a free accounts is actually more annoying than useful. A lot of people just don't bother putting the effort of complaining, but I'm about done with Spotify. 

Going to export my playlists and get the MP3s and do it old school, so you don't keep f****** up my mood on already bad days. 

Like the previous commenter said, we should be able to at least listen to our own playlists without you guys “adding songs”.

That's not true. I have had the paid version for about three years and Spotify has recently (within the last 7 or 8 months) been adding whole playlists to my account, (which also takes up space on my device), and every time I delete one, another pops up. Its aggravating and I'm almost ready to deactivate my account.

Signed,

Unhappy Subscriber

Hey guys,

We're here to answer your questions 🙂

@aagend - thanks for your feedback. If this is a feature you would like removed, you can create an idea about it here (just scroll to the bottom of the page). Other users can then 'vote' the idea if they agree with it.

@aprlee05 - could you send us a screenshot of the playlists that you are referring to? Are you sure they are Spotify-created playlists, or do they belong to other users? Let us know 🙂

Take care,

P

Yep I just want to listen to one song so I put it in a playlist to AVOID the shuffel play**bleep** but then you "suggest" songs and ruen it

@spotify -

You're simply wrong here. I created a playlist yesterday for songs to wake up to. Created the list with 3 songs.

Selected that list in Android Clock and when the alarm went off it wasn't one of my songs.

I keep removing the songs you added and more songs get added back.

I created it. It's not Spotify created, curated or shared.

There must be a way to select "do not auto add tracks" without conprocompro your no skips or adding ads.

Screenshot_20181117-070735.png
Screenshot_20181117-070735.png

Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting back to us with your info 🙂

Could anyone experiencing this leave the following info as a comment in the thread below:

• Plan (Free/Premium)
  • Spotify version
  • OS version and device
  • How long have you experienced this for?
  • Does this happen to all playlists created by you, or only some?

Thanks for your patience! Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

This was driving me crazy too. I think i have found the reason for it adding random songs. There is a minimum number of songs required in a playlist. I figure this due the following logic...

I add 5 songs, it adds 10.

I add 8 songs, it adds 7.

I add 11 songs, it adds 4.

I add 15 songs, it adds 0.

My playlists with 15 or more songs never have Spotify added songs in them.

Hope this helps those frustrated like I was.

• Plan (Free/Premium): Free
  • Spotify version: 8.4.81.558
  • OS version and device: Android 9, Pixel 3
  • How long have you experienced this for? Since installing app
  • Does this happen to all playlists created by you, or only some? Most of them. Seems to be - as mentioned by another user - that the shorter playlists are being added to.  So if you create a playlist for an album, Spotify is adding non-album tracks to the playlist. 
Screenshot_20181127-105217.png
Screenshot_20181127-105230.png
Screenshot_20181127-105245.png

I believe you’re right!

I was trying to reply to the post by English.. But, I Have to Agree With the 15 Song Minimum! I have a few small playlists, and those are the only ones to have stupid Songs Added by Spotify 🙄😒👎 So fkn annoying! At least I have a solution for it now. 

** And, I’m gonna try Adding Duplicates to see if that works! 

Smart suggestion. For shorter playlists, we should just create it twice (or 3x) until you hit the 15 song minumum. 

Suggested posts