Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please unbreak my Discovery Weekly

Please unbreak my Discovery Weekly

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 10, Laptop

Operating System

iOS 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue
I absolutely love(d) discovery weekly and would look forward to finding great new music every Monday... until recently.  In the winter months my air ducts are very loud and make popping noises every time the heat kicks on.  I started listening to a rain track on repeat to help mask the popping noises so I can sleep through the night for once.  Well, now Spotify thinks that I own a meditation spa and want to listen to one note drone tracks constantly.  NO.  Just, NO.

It's not winter anymore and I'm not listening to the rain track, but it's like a pervasive virus has infected my discovery weekly algorithm for perpetuity.  I also started using "private session" about two months ago to help mitigate the influence of the track in question.  I have been clicking "I don't like this" on EVERY SONG for the last 4-6 weeks in my DW playlists.  Listening to one track should not have NEARLY this much influence as compared to the other songs I listen to regularly.  This is truly ridiculous.  I am VERY disappointed in the the lack of intelligence and consistency in the "discovery weekly" algorithm performance.  I constantly discover great tracks at bars, cafes, and my local climbing gym, and wonder why spotify didn't suggest them years ago.  PLEASE FIX THIS.  If EVERY song is not liked for several weeks... it should know it's WAAAAY of course.  PLEASE do better.

NO.jpg
1 Reply

Hello there @dkanitz,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We hear you and will make sure your feedback reaches the right folks.

While there's currently no way to manually reset your listening history and recommendations, we'd suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea, if this is something you'd like to see implemented in the future. 

You can read more about how the Idea Exchange works here.

In the meantime, you might want to check out one of your Daily Mix playlists instead. It serves up unique mixes, each based on different aspects of your music taste. For full info on Made for You playlist, you can visit this support page.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts