Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone XR, Amazon Alexa, HP Laptop

Operating System

iOS 13, Windows 10

My Issue

Today, my Spotify has consistently changed my current songs from my playlists to play songs by an artist that goes by the name 'Kantos'. I also noticed that many German (I believe, either way, it was foreign) playlists had been followed on my account. I removed all devices linked to my account and changed my password but the problem is still ongoing. The playlists constantly come back and this 'Kantos' won't stop interrupting my music. I listen to Korean music, there is no way this is recommended, it would say it was from my playlist radio - wouldn't it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @NueveFleur

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! 

It's good to know that you've already taken some steps. However, it's better to open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.

Then you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE again. 

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.

You can find the contact form here

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @NueveFleur

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! 

It's good to know that you've already taken some steps. However, it's better to open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.

Then you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE again. 

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.

You can find the contact form here

I hope it helps!

Same with me. Mellow electronic music by Kantos frequently interrupts my playlists and it is very frustrating! Any ideas besides changing password?

Hi @pshifter

Welcome to the Community 🙂

Please, check if any suspicious third-party apps and offline devices are connected to your account. If you see are any, you can remove the access. 

If the issue persists, feel free to contact Customer Support through the link I provided in my previous answer. 

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks for the quick response! I'll check that out.

Hi @pshifter

No problem!

I hope everything works out for you. 

Have a nice day 🙂

I'm getting weird random songs playing on my oddly enough Amazon Echo Show some German rap gangster songs that play in the middle of night and wake me up and it's all from the same Playlist mers2781 I have changed my password several times and my echo is not even hooked up to my phone or any device so I don't know what is going on but they are coming from Spotify on my echo and I can't seem to stop it unless I turn off my echo. The advice of logging out changing password etc is. Actually annoying for me because clearly that's the first things u think of and I've done those like 4 times. 

Hello @Slygirlswagg

Thanks for reaching out!

If you've already clicked Sign out everywhere on your account overview page and changed your password and this continues to happen, you can create a new email address and change it on your account and then reset the password again.

I'd also recommend getting in touch with Customer Support as they can take a closer look at your account and provide further help with that. You can find the contact form in the response accepted as solution, it's the last link there. 

Keep in mind that they're unfortunately experiencing significant delays due to the Coronavirus disease outbreak. You might get an automatic response, so make sure to reply to it and someone from the Customer Support team will contact you back as soon as possible.

Make sure to take a look at this support article as well. 

Have a great day!

Thanks so much I reached out to a Spotify finally got someone and they have been great! Appreciate your feedback so quickly also 👍

Glad to hear that, @Slygirlswagg!

Enjoy your day 🙂

Suggested posts