Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I activated the Premium Duo offer because it says that it makes you share the premium experiences with someone you live with. I put the exact address and invited someone to do the same. Now, the person cannot get through because it says my account is set on a different country, which is Spain where my payment details are. I've been living in Italy for months now and planning to stay but I don't want to change the card details here since my cards are working perfectly fine here. Let me know how to proceed. Thanks! 

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Premium Duo incorrect country

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @yronimuz ,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you permanently move to another country or region, you need to update your payment method to one that's issued there:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click UPDATE next to your payment method. 
  3. Enter a new payment method that was issued in your new country or region. 

The changes will take effect from your next billing date. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. 🙂

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi, 

Thank you for replying. I know that these are canned responses because I already read this from the help page. What I am asking is isn't there any way that this can be helped aside from changing the payment details? Since what Spotify is only asking is the home address, which does not make sense if the account is being paid by in another country. 

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @yronimuz ,

If you've permanently moved to another country or region and want to invite a family member/roommate to the plan who lives in the new country/region, the only way to do that is by updating your payment method to one that's issued there.

Also, the user on the free version that's got the invite can only change their country settings to the country their actually in (the new country/region, in your case).

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS