Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Private Session and Friend Activity display

Solved!

Private Session and Friend Activity display

My Question or Issue

If you usually listen to music publicly (i.e. your activity is displayed on your friend's "Friend Activity" bar) and you switch to a private session, will it remove you completely from your friend's "Friend Activity" bar until you go public again, or will it still show you, but only the last song you listened to while public?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @smeyerre, thanks for writing!

If you're listening "publicly" and then change your mode to private, the users who follow you will be able to see the last song you listened yo while public. There's even the approximate time you stopped listening to it on the right side, can you see it?

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂 

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @smeyerre, thanks for writing!

If you're listening "publicly" and then change your mode to private, the users who follow you will be able to see the last song you listened yo while public. There's even the approximate time you stopped listening to it on the right side, can you see it?

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂 

BittencourtSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

How do I clear the last song I was listening to? If I can’t, when does it change? 

Hey there @tifa108,

Thank you for your post.

Clearing the last song you've listened to from the ''Friend activity'' is not an available feature at the moment. 

If you think your suggestion will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future.

Right now the way to change the song that is showing for your friends is to listen to more music with Private session off. Keep in mind that the feed has a bit of delay and doesn't always show the current song you're listening to.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away We're happy to help 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I wanted to ask about sharing my listening activity publicly, If I usually listen to music publicly (i.e. my activity is displayed on my friend's "Friend Activity" bar), and then I turn off my "share my listening activity on Spotify" what will happen after that?

Will it remove me completely from my friend's "Friend Activity" bar or my friends will see the last song that I listened to when I set it public and then it will be removed from my friend's timeline after several days depending on my other friends listening activity timeline?  

Hey there @rfqif88

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Toggling off the "Share my listening activity on Spotify" won't remove completely this info from the Friend Activity

In this case, your followers will still be able to see the last song you listened to before toggling that option off. 

If you have any questions, just let us know. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts