Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Private playlists showing in public playlists section.

Solved!

Private playlists showing in public playlists section.

Hi there,

I have several playlists which are marked as private showing in my public playlists section. I can't set them to private as they already state that they are private (so the only option available is 'make public'). I've tried deleting some of the playlists and they're still showing. 

I'd greatly appreciate any advice about how to get around this issue as I'd like to start making some playlists public but don't want all them to be public.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! I had a similar issue and I fixed it by pressing "Make public" and then "Make private". 🙂

My problem was that playlists that I had marked as private were showing. I didn't delete any so don't know what would've happened.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @chloet

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet or DM @SpotifyCares on Twitter or send a message to Spotify Cares on Facebook.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks @MattSuda. I'll try that 🙂

Chloe

Hi there, @chloet !

I hope this issue gets solved soon 🙂

I would suggest to clear your cache and try to clear your cookies, then sign in again? You can also refresh Spotify repedatly, or if you have the app then you can redownload it. Hope this helps and that you accept this as the solution 🙂

-Bad_Girl25

Marked as solution

Hey! I had a similar issue and I fixed it by pressing "Make public" and then "Make private". 🙂

My problem was that playlists that I had marked as private were showing. I didn't delete any so don't know what would've happened.

Suggested posts