NEXT STEP

Problem with Family Account

Problem with Family Account

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

My son is on our family account. There are two problems. First, he is still being charged for his student account (this is a long-term problem that we only just discovered). Second, his login stopped working. Can you help with this?

3 Replies

Hi there @kathymullin,

thanks for posting !

A Spotify user cannot combine Premium Student with Premium Family (find all info on the Premium for Student help page here).

Furthermore, for him to be able to join properly, he'll have to cancel his Student plan, wait for the account to revert back to "Free" and then approve the invite he's getting from the Family plan owner.

For more info on the Premium for Family, please visit this help page.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

He was invited (and accepted) the invitation to my premium account a while back. Two more questions. Is there a way to get his money back? And secondly, if he “cancels” his student account and I re-invite him to my premium account, will he maintain his playlists?

I find this odd, because my other son accepted the invitation, his student account automatically stopped charging him, and he’s had no problems. It would be awesome if there was an actual person to talk to about this.

Hi @kathymullin,

thanks for replying back !

In this case i suggest you first check out this "Refunds" page which contains all info needed so you'd know exactly what to mention to support.

Furthermore, in order to reach out to support, please do so using this "About Us" page and have them take a closer look for you.

Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts