Free

Country

United States

Device

Dell Inspiron 5567

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello! I've posted about my username before (which got fixed), but the gist of it is that I created my Spotify account back in 2011, when special symbols were allowed in your username. It is "...?!", without quotes.

When using the desktop version of Spotify, I have been unable to access my own profile or view my Liked Songs. When clicking my profile from the upper right drop-down bar or from below one of my playlists, it says "Couldn't find that page" (the first image).

Trying to view my Likes, however, yields two different results. When simply clicking on the "Liked Songs" bar on the left side, it says "Something went wrong." (the second image). But when I try to access it by clicking "Your Library" then "Liked Songs", it takes me to the user profile of "..." (without quotes) instead. This leads me to believe it's an issue with how the application handles the characters "?" and "!" in my username.

I'm not sure if I can do anything but wait for the application to be updated, but I figured I'd put this out here in case any other old users had the same trouble. If anyone can provide help, I'd be grateful! (I'm also not sure if this should go here or in the "Ongoing Issues" board, lol)

1.png
2.png
3 Replies

Hey @slowbro-,

Thanks for reaching out.

Your username shouldn't affect your Liked Songs playlists. It's more likely that some of the app files have gotten corrupted and causing the issue. To that end, we recommend that you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the relevant steps..

If that doesn't fix thing, could you let us know if the playlist displays correct when using another device or when logged in to our web player? That would help us determine if the root cause of the behavior lies with your account or device.

Keep us posted, we'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your response! I followed the instructions in your post. Here's what I did:

First, I logged in to the iPhone app (iPhone X, iOS 14.2), and deleted the cache. Then, I went to my Account page online and clicked "Sign Out Everywhere".
Afterward, I followed the clean reinstall guide.

On my iPhone: I offloaded the app, deleted it, turned off my iPhone, then reinstalled and logged in.
Trying to view my Profile returned an error ("Couldn't find that page"), but my Liked Songs loaded perfectly fine.

On the Web Player: I logged back in.
My Profile also gave me the "Couldn't find that page" error, and clicking the "Liked Songs" button on the left sidebar worked. However, clicking "Your Library" and then "Liked Songs" takes me to the user "..."'s profile.

On the Windows 10 application: I uninstalled the app, checked in the %appdata% folder for any remaining files, then shut down my computer. I reinstalled the app and logged in.
I still receive the same errors as in my first post. My profile still says "Couldn't find that page", and viewing my Liked Songs from the sidebar says "Something went wrong". Clicking "Your Library" then "Liked Songs" still takes me to "..."'s profile.

In the end, everything remained mostly the same... I still get errors in the Windows application, while the iPhone app and the Web Player only allow me to view my Liked Songs. But I appreciate your response!

Hey @slowbro-,

Thanks for the troubleshooting you did and sharing the results with us.

In this case we recommend that you reach out to Customer Support team. They'll happily assist you further so that you have an account profile you can look up and share and access your music collection. You can reach out to them here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how things work out 🙂

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts