Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile name?

Profile name?

So it appears that you are not able to chance youre profile name and yet i find many topics about this so i am not the only one whom wants this?

Create new account is bull!

This feels like a moneygrab attempt,

"hey lets charge double for the month you want to chance youre profile name"...

Simple fix is to give our playlists numbers, maybe connect them to our phone numbers even? This even could be security option.

I will definately stay out from fb, so that migration is out of question, i will not be forced into social media if i do not enjoy that, if you have a credit card then surely you must have solid phone number by default.

So you honestly cant say this is not possible, when every other program can do this, like steam for example, it understands different profiles.

I would even accept loosing my playlist, or take couple screen shots from it for recovery.

1 Reply

Hey @mandex85.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Currently it's not possible to change your username but feel free to post your feedback in the Ideas Exchange!

If you want to have a different username, what you can do is cancel your subscription and wait till your Premium days end before you create a new account. That way you won't have to pay for two accounts.

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Hope this answers your questions 🙂

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts