Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My account was hacked and recovered however how do remove the favourite artists and recommandations of the hackers music choice from my account ?? Its incredibly annoying to be reminded everytime I use Spotify that the account was hacked. Can this data be reset ?? Many Thanks

4 Replies

Hi @user-removed,

That seems awkward enough. Iwas thinking something along the lines of clearing cache but that probably won't solve the issue. It might be best to flag it up directly with Spotify tech support, you should be able to reach them via this link: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/?_ga=2.264244683.518249595.1548984053-563607346.1546210451

Hope this helps,

A

Hey @user-removed thanks for reaching out to the community,

Before you do what @A_Musicophile said, I would suggest you try unfollowing all the artists they followed, and try listening to your favorite songs for a bit, this is how Spotify gives you your recommendations. After a bit you should be good to go and your recommendations will become normal again. 

Happy Listening,

Jack 🙂

Thanks for the response however I've already unfollowed all the over 70 artists that the hacker favourited 

Hey @user-removed 

After you have done that, follow your favorite artists, and start playing your favorite music. After that, you will get personal suggestions on your music.

Happy Listening,

Jack 🙂

Suggested posts