Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove facebook account link

Solved!

Remove facebook account link

I want to get rid of my facebook account.  I hate it!  But, I lnked my spotify premium account with it when I signed up.  is there a way I can get facebook out of the picture and log directly into spotify now that facebook is registered with my profile?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So did you try the disconnect from facebook button?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey Licensed,

I logged out and logged back in , it was still the same, then i clicked log into facebook - didnt type anything and closed it then hey presto! its back to normal 😄

Marked as solution

licensed, I had the same issue as everyone else here (somehow my wife's FB was linked to my account out of nowhere), and your instructions worked perfectly.  Everyone having problems, just click on...

1) Edit-->Preferences

2) Disconnect from Facebook (button about halfway down)

I feel I should also add my piece...this trend of requiring a Facebook account to sign up for things is extremely unsettling.  It isn't just Spotify...it's something that is becoming more and more commonplace.  I believe Facebook is slowly destroying communication on a global scale, making it less personal and sucking the substance right out of it.  Climbing in bed with them to gain their sponsorship is a terrible thing, but sadly there isn't much we can do about it I suppose.  Hopefully FB will one day crash and burn, but I'm sure that day is a long way off...and when it does happen, it will probably be replaced with something even worse.

60 Replies

No. Spotify requires a Facebook account. You can't create a new account without Facebook either.

I registered before facebook was a requirement (thank god!). I just got an oportunity to get Spotify Premium free for a year and registered that today  to my account. I then discover that when my friends search for me on Spotify they find my account but it shows up with my mothers name AND her picture!! This must be because she tried it a few days a while ago. I gues she connected it with her facebook. Now it seems that I´m stuck with that because I can´t find any way to change it. I don´t use FB and don´t want to, it sucks!! I have disabled every facebook sharing-option that I can and it does look ok in my own Spotify client. It´s my friends that see the wrong name and picture.

Why can´t the connection between FB and Spotify be optional??? Who made that deal?? I´m very happy with Spotify in every other way. This idiotic FB-connection is the only reason that I´m even looking for other music alternatives.

Can you please PLEASE help me get rid of my mothers name on my account?!

Hi 

My daughter logged in to my spotify and now I have her facebook picture up and music trends from her friends! She doesnt use the facebook account anymore and it also has the red bar across the top say failed to enable spotify social!  I dont have facebook and I have had a premium account before you decided to link up with facebook, I want this removed please

As you have an old Spotify account, make sure you are logged into Spotify with your Spotify username and password and not your daughters FB details, then in the Preferences page there should be a Disconnect From Facebook button near the bottom.

Hopefully that does it for you.
----------------

Hey thanks for your reply licenced

I log on to spotify with my user name and password, always have but it still has her pic in the corner,

The facebook account she must have used at some point is no longer in use

I still dont now what to do ? 

I stil have the red bar?

Thanks

Marked as solution

So did you try the disconnect from facebook button?
----------------

Sorry I did not mean to accept it as a solution, where is the disconnect from facebook button?

Marked as solution

Hey Licensed,

I logged out and logged back in , it was still the same, then i clicked log into facebook - didnt type anything and closed it then hey presto! its back to normal 😄

I have tried that button, My account is still linked to my mothers in some way. My Friends still see her picture and name when they searh for my name in Spotify. 😞

Hi KarintT- I've just had a look at your account and it isn't linked to a Facebook at all. 

Please sign out and sign back in with your Spotify username and password (don't use your email). If you're still having trouble (and are comfortable posting it on the Community) let me know exactly which username you're signing in with. 

Hi, Thanks for trying to help.

My account looked fine to me, but my friends saw it as connected to my mom.

It has been like that for over a week. How ever when we tried it again right now, it seemed fine. Her picture is gone!

Weird! Maybee she had to do something at her end on FB?

Thanks anyway. 🙂

Nobody knows what causes Spotify accounts to accidentally get linked to Facebook because it seems to be some sort of customer support secret. I've asked it multiple times and nobody answered. If that ever happens to me I'm canceling my subscription immediately.

Marked as solution

licensed, I had the same issue as everyone else here (somehow my wife's FB was linked to my account out of nowhere), and your instructions worked perfectly.  Everyone having problems, just click on...

1) Edit-->Preferences

2) Disconnect from Facebook (button about halfway down)

I feel I should also add my piece...this trend of requiring a Facebook account to sign up for things is extremely unsettling.  It isn't just Spotify...it's something that is becoming more and more commonplace.  I believe Facebook is slowly destroying communication on a global scale, making it less personal and sucking the substance right out of it.  Climbing in bed with them to gain their sponsorship is a terrible thing, but sadly there isn't much we can do about it I suppose.  Hopefully FB will one day crash and burn, but I'm sure that day is a long way off...and when it does happen, it will probably be replaced with something even worse.

I'd like to add to the above that it is only possible if you signed up before Facebook became a requirement, and you must be logged in with your Spotify username (Not Facebook). Users who signed up after September 22nd 2011 are required to have the Facebook connection at all times, there will be no disconnect option.

I have submitted 4 "contact forms" to thes numb**bleep**s to cancel my account but I am still getting emails who is listening to what as well as promotional emails.  WHAT ELSE IS REQUIRED OF ME TO CANCEL THIS TRASH?

We should have a petition for the option to remove our connection to facebook

So many old threads about this...

You don't need Facebook anymore. If you signed up while Facebook was required, you must make a new account.

Head to the sign up page and choose "create an account with email address".

I created a new account, without facebook, this worked a week or so, and now my new account is linked to facebook? And if i want to login on the Android app i have to type in my Loginname + Password every single time i start the app ....

My brother accidently linked his facebook to my spotify how do i link it back to me ? 🙂

Suggested posts