Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Resetting Spotify Ad Filtering

Solved!

Resetting Spotify Ad Filtering

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, so my friend made me listen to a certain song and now I'm getting really annoying ads relating to the genre (black metal if necessary, the ad is by "Filtr"). Is there a way I can clear this because I'm getting tired of hearing screaming and white noise on a daily basis. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @nightgrounds 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Ads are based on your activity and on what people around you, like your friends or countrymates, are listening to. Conforming you use Spotify, ads will be more specifics on your musical taste and preferences, so just continue using your account normally and then Spotify will adapt itself better to you.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @nightgrounds 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Ads are based on your activity and on what people around you, like your friends or countrymates, are listening to. Conforming you use Spotify, ads will be more specifics on your musical taste and preferences, so just continue using your account normally and then Spotify will adapt itself better to you.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts