Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

Solved!

Re: Roku Spotify app: Playlists not an option anymore (playlists gone)

Gypsyritsa
I'm also having all the same issues as the other posters. Glad to see it's not just me, but I sure do miss my playlists.

mjcarp44
Casual Listener

I access mine on my LG Blu-ray player. I don't use Roku anymore, too unreliable. I play them with no issue, you may want to get an LG Blu-ray player, it streams Spotify.

norwattamerica

In this era of poor customer support I’ve come to expect almost anything. Spotify’s poor response to the Roku/Playlists issue, as well as almost any others, add more proof that companies today have open disdain for their loyal PAYING customers. I switched to the Roku several years ago specifically because it had the Spotify APP. I didn’t even mind upgrading to the premium, as the commercials were getting a bit hard to take. I’ve told almost anyone that would listen to me about how great Spotify WAS. The operative word is WAS. How a software based company like Spotify can let an issue go on like this for this long is ridiculous at best. I didn’t even mind the constant reboots of the Roku to correct the “Non Loading”, or the “Runaway curser” issues. At least it always resolved the issues. Now the lack of playlists is another story altogether. Is there at least one adult programmer at Spotify that can get the “snowflakes” out of their safe zones, and please correct this issue NOW!

While you’re correcting issues, you might also want to look into what happened to the “Add To Playlist” button as well.

Yogaal
Casual Listener

I'm with you. This is very disappointing to the point that I'm thinking of cancelling the Spotify subscription after several years. I used to love the playlists etc on my Roku 3 Spotify app. Are the playlists available on the newer Rokus? If so, I'm being asked to pay for a new Roku. Which does not sit well with me at all. So, here I am on the brink of giving up with Spotify. Dam!

EED1
We are having the same issues on our Roku with the Spotify App. We, too, are Premium customers. My husband actually works on a news media App for Roku and said that the fact that Spotify's App was released with so many glitches is embarrassing. Good programmers exist--please contract some. Please fix this for your PAYING customers. We are looking into switching to Pandora.

pij1982
Casual Listener

@Jacob_ wrote:

Hey @Ashaloo1, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This issue has been reported by other users and Spotify is currently looking into it! Please follow the topic here for updates: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idi-p/1599998

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else 🙂

Hi Jacob, it looks to me as if your company is NOT bothered about any paying customers and the issues with playlists not loading on TV's and Roku boxes/sticks as from what i can see in the community this issue has been going on for months and months not just a few weeks, either your company get it sorted ASAP or i will be taking the matter further and getting TRADING STANDARDS and any other consumer groups involved as you are supposed to be providing a paid service for the 1's that pay a monthly subscription and doing nothing about the poor service and a lack of updates to the issues we face, i will await your response to these issues we all face

lauren12121

This happened to me too and is so annoying!!

NoMadMan
Casual Listener

I'm sure this has been discussed. If you're not bringing back the playlist feature, at least release Spotify Connect for Christ sake!

molluskhead

Same issue here.

This is such a bummer.

Was there an update to the app?

Why did the playlist option suddenly disappear?

Please fix it.

Leaill
Casual Listener
Same here as well. We really need a resolution. 😕
SUGGESTED POSTS