Samsung Smart tv app going away?

Solved!

Samsung Smart tv app going away?

Kris17
Casual Listener
I just got notice that the app on my Samsung Smart tv is going away on Aug 31st. Is this true and why?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Samsung Smart tv app going away?

seege
Not really a solution there... spotify connect wpnt work with my tv without upgrading. Dissappointed. Time to end my subscription!
58 Replies

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Kris17,

Thanks for reaching out.

As Spotify looks to improve the overall experience, the app will not be available on Samsung’s Legacy operating system on select 2015 and prior devices. For more information, and for other ways to stream on your TV, check this out.

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted
Solution!

seege
Not really a solution there... spotify connect wpnt work with my tv without upgrading. Dissappointed. Time to end my subscription!

tlloyds

Same. That's pretty crappy that your answer to "improving" is literally just "take away from some people". I've had my premium spotify account since 2011, but I'm not going to by a brand new TV every time the software changes, so I'll cancel Spotify instead.

Yorgan75
Casual Listener
I got this message yesterday & sure enough its gone today. Roku got rid of it some time ago as well. I guess its too difficult to keep track of all the accounts & millions of songs without it causing technical issues, at least thats kinda what roku said...anyway im glad i found a used PS3 the other day, so now i have spooterfy on my ancient 2014 samsung again.

bossea

No it is false

wwrigley
Casual Listener
I agree, I think this is a very very poor show on Spotify’s behalf. A 2015 tv is not a legacy tv and you shouldn’t expect your valued paying customers to have to buy a new tv to be able to continue to use the service they pay for.

thochris

If that's the case, I'm seriously pissed off. 2015 isn't even 2 full years ago. 

Elsonja
Totally ridiculous - why remove it for paying customers? Especially as the technology has been proven to work. I will also make similar comments to Samsung.

Tabbi68
Casual Listener

This is absolutely ridiculous. Who discontinues support on a platform less than two years old and calls it "Legacy". This is pure laziness on Spotify's part. At a time when there are a lot of great options for streaming music, you are forcing your PAYING CUSTOMERS' hands. This on top of recent news surrounding how unfair Spotify is to artists compared to other streaming services and I thing I am done with Spotify. Say goodbye to my Premium account, my husband's Premium account AND my daughter' Premium account. Thanks Spotify Team!

SUGGESTED POSTS