Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Seeing All Public Playlist On accounts

Seeing All Public Playlist On accounts

When looking at others accounts or when others look at mine how many of my public playlist can they see because I have a little over 300 but when I look at my own account and click “Public Playlist” and scroll I can’t see all of them. This seems like a problem because when I give others my account I want them to be able to everything and when I’m going through others accounts I want to see all of there’s and not just their newest/top playlist.

Device

(iPhone X)

Operating System

(iOS 11)

Issue

6A3E6F5B-CC96-49DD-82E4-AC0F462DAF97.png
5 Replies

Hey @Energytrap3001.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community - we'll be glad to help you out 🙂

First, could you send us a screenshot of a playlist which shows as "public", and then another screenshot showing the missing playlist in your profile? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks for responding.

Heres the screenshots

Btw(counted about 90 not shown)

510B904F-55AB-46DA-B6F1-6493118FB2F6.png
9FABB714-D2AD-4DD4-A99F-15B3344C8114.png
606641B6-065B-4B0F-866A-90964E501112.png

Hey @Energytrap3001.

Thanks for getting back to us with those screenshots 🙂

It turns out that this has been raised by a few of our users on the Community (here), however this is expected behaviour on Spotify, or, in other words, there is a limit of 200 public playlists per user.

If you would like for this limit to be raised, there is already an idea in the Community here. Make sure to vote for it, and if it garners enough votes from other users, then Spotify might consider implementing it!

Hope that helps answer your query! Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be here 🙂

Hi @Peter, thanks for the explanation. You're writing that limiting the number of playlists in a user's profile to 200 is expected behaviour on Spotify. Surprisingly, my Spotify Android app has a button saying "See all 748 Playlists", as shown here:

Screenshot_20221008_023217_com.spotify.music_edit_3431271613538.jpg

However, after tapping on that button I'm only able to scroll through the 200 most recent playlists of that user. Wouldn't you agree with me that this is strongly misleading and by no means expected behaviour?  All means all, doesn't it? Please acknowledge this as a bug and fix it, preferably not by changing the label, but by lifting the limit and (lazily) loading all playlists. Thank you. 

Maybe voting for this idea would make Spotify finally show us all public playlists of a user (if organized in folders): https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Public-Playlist-Folders/idi-p/4615909/

Suggested posts