Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solution for HiFi quality streaming

Solution for HiFi quality streaming

It seems that Hi-Fi quality (lossless or nearly lossless) is able to be streamed from the web player on Chrome.  The only problem is that you won't have the ability to navigate to your desired music easily.  The solution is to do this:  1. Start up Spotify in the web player on chrome.  2.  Start up the Spotify desktop app.  3. Select the "Connect to device" icon at the bottom right (select twice until you see a green bar at the bottom which says "Listening on Spotify web player").  3.  Enjoy your high quality streaming and cancel your Tidal subscription.  (You're welcome.)

2 Replies

When did Spotify get HiFi streaming?

As GTAXL posted:
Gig Goer
  4 weeks ago

Stop spreading FALSE information! The Spotify web interface streams encrypted 256kbps AAC. It is segmeted using DASH to save bandwith if a person doesn't listen through the entire song. The reason they use AAC on the web interface, is because the support for AAC in web browsers is global compared to Vorbis they use on their desktop app. All this seems to confirm is that people much prefer the quality of the AAC codec compared to Vorbis. AAC 256kbps is the same as an iTunes download. I've nulled those against my FLAC version, and yes there is a difference. So the Spotify web player is NOT lossless. I honestly wish I could report this forum post for mis-information!

Suggested posts