Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is using my account. Help

Solved!

Someone else is using my account. Help

Today someone started using my account to listen to some Swedish music in my Spotify acc through a Motorola device, I'm sure I dont know this person so he got to enter my acc somehow. I changed the password of my spoti and e-mail acc just in case.I dont know if I should do something else to get this person out of my account. Can someone with knowledge on this matter help me a bit? I'm worried about the safety of my account, never happened to me before.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Nymuelovan, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Having someone else accessing your account is no good! Here are a couple of potential fixes for this issue:

1) Change your Spotify password, which it sounds like you've already done.

2) On your Account page there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all devices currently using your account. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. I currently have 3 apps connected.

Please let me know if you require further help!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Nymuelovan, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Having someone else accessing your account is no good! Here are a couple of potential fixes for this issue:

1) Change your Spotify password, which it sounds like you've already done.

2) On your Account page there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all devices currently using your account. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. I currently have 3 apps connected.

Please let me know if you require further help!

Hello. Someone is using my account. I went in to my useraccount and tried to log in normaly, but that couldent happent because i don`t remember the password. then i logged into spotify via Facebook and that was a success. But now i have a problem again, my e-mail i put in was uncorrect because i put hotmail.com insted off hotmail.no as i was supposed to do. So i can`t change password  because i don`t have right e-mail to open and reset via link. What are my options ?

Suggested posts