Premium - Family Plan

Country

Canada

Device

IPhone 8

Operating System

IOS 13

My Question or Issue

I have had someone log into my account from Dallas in the United states, while I live in canada, I was wondering about how it would be possible for them to do that as I have not given out my password to anyone, including my family members on my family plan.

So I was mainly just wondering how someone could be logging in from another country when no one has the password for my account.

30C8F87D-05F5-4FD3-82AD-AD0EC75C5B71.png
21 Replies

Hey @Natedk1703,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you've come across something like what you reported, it'd be good to make sure no one is accessing your account in an unauthorized way.

For this purpose, it'd be great to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article as well as this one since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date. The steps in the first article under Passwords and Remove access to third-party apps are particularly useful since they'll help you make sure no one is accessing your Spotify through your credentials or other online services eventually linked with your account.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Funnily enough... 

I've had the same... again... 

I've had an account for eons... Never been hacked... suddenly... password compromised twice in a couple of months. 

Not sure if it's Spotify that's got the weak link... or something like my new LG TV!

Completely useless device tracking info from Spotify though. 

Hi @juleswilko,

Thanks for tuning in! 

Sorry to hear your account got accessed from an unknown source twice in a couple of months.

In addition to all the helpful steps @Mario provided, I'd like to emphasize on how important it is to use a different and complex password for each service you use. 

Plus, besides securing the Spotify account, it's essential that you change the password for the email that's connected to it. 

Besides that, if you follow the steps to protect your account as exactly given on the help page, your account should be safe from further unauthorized access.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

There's a problem with the apps linking page : 

"Failed to load applications, please try again later"

It's been like that for a couple of days now. 

Also - The password for my Spotify is unique - which is the frustration of not knowing how my account has been compromised again. 

Indeed, there must be a leak somewhere - but is it Denon? Is it Sonos? Is it LG? Is it something else?

Hi Natedk1703  

How did you find out the login was from Dallas? I'm having a similar issue and received the same email as you but "location" just gives me Canada not a specific city. I noticed your email just says "United States" so I'm curious on how to find more specific details.

thanks

I have a family plan on spotify and for it I set my address for the address other devices need to be at to connect with the plan, when I noticed I was having another person sign into my account I looked at my settings. I then noticed that the address changed to dallas and I have no idea how it did. For reference I live in canada.

Ok. thanks! Mine is still set to my home address. I'm on Family plan as well. I too live in Canada.

Hi,

I have also been having this issue. I had two emails that I woke up to yesterday so I changed my password, signed out from everywhere and removed all apps access and then I’ve had two more since changing. 

3DF4C793-43F6-44D1-8D63-B8A37EE7E503.png
A743F4F9-1471-425D-9CAB-D9A8DD76414D.png
ABFF89A2-F75B-4819-AAF8-A2438C111A11.png

Hey @Iantarver,

Thanks for letting us know about this! 

Since you've followed all of the steps from the articles we gave you, I suggest you contact support for further help. They can take a look backstage and fix what wasn't until now. 

Let us know how it goes!

PetyaModerator

Well, this is getting ridiculous... 

I've changed passwords *again* and again, I get an email to say my account has been accessed in France. 

Either - Spotify has been hacked... or whatever is being used to send out alerts is broken - as I got the alert 15mins ago - And I haven't used Spotify today at all. 

I'm in the UK, and this time the account is being used in France. 

I have to seriously believe the Spotify databases have been compromised. 

I've had a log in to my account from Malaysia this morning. 

Does Spotify pass on the password to HEOS / Sonos or Google? 

As if they don't - Then it's definitely Spotify's password database getting popped *again*. 

Same thing is happening  to me as well, i keep getting mails for login from countries like US, Poland, Pakistan. I have no idea how my account is compromised, always kept account only for personal use. Never gave password to anyone or did a login on a 3rd party device. Is spotify compromised?

Screenshot_20200830-224552_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20200830-224610_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20200830-224603_Gmail.jpg

I believe either Spotify has been compromised again - Or - In my case, it's either LG, Denon or Sonos as a gateway. 

So - In a process of elimination I've removed my Denon Heos access and I am going to leave it a while and see what occurs. 

Although I complained to support and they forced me to change my password again. After I had already told them I'd changed my password. 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

As @Mario mentioned, it's a good idea to check this article so you can protect your account. If you can see some unexpected changes on your account, we'd suggest you follow these steps.

If this doesn't help, it's a good idea to head here and contact our support team. The folks there can look into this further.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This happens any more than it should. I use McAfee Total Protection. Look it up before replying please. Spotify doesn’t have good security at all. This is all on their end!

Hi there @GuardianHealer,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps that @Ver provided in the answer above?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Same thing is happening with me from past 3 4 days ... I live in India and it keeps showing different different countries even after I changed my password.... 

Hey @Udaypatil96k,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

First off, we'd recommend that you log out everywhere by following the instructions here

We'd also suggest that you reset the password via this link again.

If you're still experiencing this - make sure to check out the support articles that @Ver & @Mario suggested earlier in the thread. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

Same thing here, I guess after I log into Tesla Spotify app,this happened.

Suggested posts