Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone made an account using my other email address. It was not me. I need to get it taken down.

Someone made an account using my other email address. It was not me. I need to get it taken down.

Spoiler

This account is not related to my main account other than being under my OTHER email. Someone just today registered an account using my other email address, not the one this account is under, but another email address of mine, and I received a confirmation email for it. Obviously i refused to confirm the account on the email. I have no idea how someone obtained my email to do this.

I don't know how to contact support on this account to clarify someone falsely impersonated me to register an account under my other email account, without making it seem like it's this account that is affected. It's not this account that is affected.

D3661301-4927-4B6E-8391-B7A826E4A59D.jpeg

Someone is trying to make a fake account impersonating me using my OTHER email. NOT THE EMAIL THIS ACCOUNT IS UNDER.

any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies

Hey @ohnukiss, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a closer look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I shot them an email. I tried to use the chat, but for some reason on mobile it wasn't letting me type and I was stuck with a bot. I think email correspondence will be the best way to solve this.

If they need proof I have multiple screenshots to indicate i'm the original owner of the other email the impersonator used, so they should hopefully adhere to my wishes to shutdown the impersonator's account. It could've been that whoever registered it had a bad typo, who knows.

Either way, the fake account has not been confirmed, I left the confirmation email alone, and the fake just created today, hopefully should not be too hard for them to get rid of.

Hey @ohnukiss,

If you get an email with an auto-reply, you can reply back to that email with the proof you stated as well as the screenshots you're referring to. Someone will get back to you within 48 hours. Keep in mind that because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, response times may be slightly longer.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks, shortly after sending the email, someone got back to me faster than expected! so hopefully it should be resolved soon. i appreciate how quick their response time was!!

thank you for your advice !!

Suggested posts