Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Someone semi-hacked my account

Someone semi-hacked my account

Help someone hacked my account, and changed the email. I was using Facebook login, because I forgot my account info. I don't know if they changed the password. I need serious help, becasue they also deleted all of my songs....please help.

3 Replies

@rome291

Try to login to the website using facebook here:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Take note of the email address showed, most times it's a fake address, for example xyz@gmail.com

Try to go to gmail and create the exact account used in your Spotify (in the example xyz).

With luck, it will be available, and you'll be able to ask for a new password in the Spotify website, which will be sent to that account.

Now, change your email address to the correct one, and there is option to sign out from all devices in your account's main control panel (at the very bottom).

That should logout of everything, including other people's devices.

Let me know how it goes.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Nope, the username was taken. The email is an outlook account. Thanks for the helping. Also, does spotify have phone support?

@rome291

There's no phone support unfortunately.

Contact support using this alternative contact form so they can help you.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account when using the contact form or the username and email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Once you take control of your account (which you certaintly will), the person from customer support can help you get back all your music, since they can revert back your playlists to a previous state.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts