Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs not downloading

Songs not downloading

I have a Premium account and songs I add to a playlist a make available offline are not downloading. It reports 0 of 6 tracks synced. What is going on?
12 Replies

I am using a latest generation iPod.

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I've seen quite a few posts about this lately from memory. Are you on iOS7 I take it?

Have you tried a quick Clean reinstallation of Spotify? If you have time, it would be helpful if you could fill out the template in my link below.

I'll pop an escalation to the staff in about this so it can get looked into.

Any other users thta come here, could you use the template on this post please? Thanks!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

How much free storage space do you have on your device? 

Spotify in general won't start synching if you have less than 500MB-1GB of free space. 

Also, if those tracks are local files on your computer (so you own them as mp3's or have purchased them via iTunes or another service) then you will need to sync those tracks to your device by connecting it to the same WiFi network as your computer. Full instructions for that are located on this help page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have 13GB free . And I'm using ios7. I will try a reinstall. Thanks.

I am having this same issue.  new iphone 5s plenty of storage space. I'll try the clean install. 

Same issue

I had this problem on my Galaxy s6 running lollipop. Spotify showed in my notifications and showed it was attempting to download 0 of 5 songs but it would not actually download anything. I checked all of my play lists and all were showing fully downloaded. I could also not add anything new. I tried uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling but that didn't help. I ended up having to wipe my phone and installing new. This solution fixed it for me.

I am wondering if this is a known issue to Spotify and if it is something they are getting a fix for. If it happens again, I will switch to another streaming service.

my songs aren't downloading

So, this is an issue from 4 years ago. It's still not fixed. Seriously, get on it spotify.. Why am i paying a subscription to download if my songs are just going to "say" they're downloaded and use my data. I might as well have spent the money on more data and not paid spotify to ignore it's issues.

Same here. Plenty of storage. Rebooted phone. Good Wifi connection. Won't download. And who has time to re-download over 1,000 tracks right before vacation?!

It isn't working for me either. I'm using a Samsung J7(2017), and I'm trying to get to install on my sd card. I've got 240gbs of free storage, I have got mobile networking on, and i even just cleared my cache. To my despair, it still isn't working. I want this to be a solved problem, not just a problem.

I had the same issue today, but I somehow got it to work by accident.

Not sure if this will work for everyone, but I disabled the "Hide Unplayable Songs" setting under Settings > Playback, and my phone now syncs the local files in my playlist. Sometimes I need to restart Spotify for it to download recently-added songs, but it's working so far.

Hope this helps.

Suggested posts