Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Account Hacked

Spotify Account Hacked

I originally signed up with Facebook. Someone hacked my account and changed the underlying email associated with my account. So now, I am unable to use password reset because the hacker switched the email, however, I am still able to log in via Facebook. It's just that the hacker has access to my credit card details and can log in and stop me from playing music whenever they want.

Tried finding a place to get help or support from Spotify. This is the only place I found to even write something that others can see.

3 Replies

Hey @michaellights,

Welcome to Community. That's not cool, let's see what we can do for you!

If you notice any of the following occurring on your account unexpectedly, your account may have been taken over.

• Your password is no longer working.
  • The email address associated with your account has changed.
  • Playlists have disappeared or been added.
  • Subscription changes.
    Note: We never display your full payment information.
  • Someone else's Facebook has been connected to your Spotify account.

Could you check out this page and follow the steps? 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks!

Dear Daisy,

I wonder if somebody else is using my spotify account. My music is almost everyday interrupted and i see the message that I am connected or with an Iphone or with a Playstation (via spotify connect) that are note mine! + I see music in my history that I never listen too. I already changed my password + unconnect all devices but problems comes back over and over 😞 A solution? 

spoty.PNG

Hey @Gregss,

Sorry to hear! That's not cool.

Could you go to this page? It will tell you how to log out everywhere. After this, please reset your password and see if the issue persists 🙂

Let us know how you get on.

Suggested posts