Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Language Issue

Spotify Language Issue

Hey there, a friend of mine just got spotify on their phone, and we bought an individual premium plan, the 6.99/month, for their account, like the one that I have on mine. We are from Portugal, and their device is an Huawei Mate10 and we access their account through my own laptop which has a WIndows 10 system. Our issue is that they can't change the spotify's app language from english to portuguese, neither we can do it on my computer. I tried to search for help on the internet and usually I see something like accessing through the Settings option but the thing is that they don't have that option neither on their cellphone nor on my computer. And we saw the option to change the app's language through changing the language on the device itself but they already have their device in portuguese and still the app is in english. So, how can we change the language? 

Thanks in advance 

5 Replies

Hello @Kazuya98!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how you get on! I'll be here to help 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for replying.
I already checked that article before creating this post. As I wrote before, we don't have the Settings option on the account, neither on their cellphone nor on my computer and their device is already in the portuguese language, every single app they use is in portuguese and still spotify is in english. In this case, that article didn't helped us at all. 
Thanks again.

Hello @Kazuya98!

Spotify is currently available in Brazilian Portuguese. Not in traditional Portuguese however. There's an idea where people can vote for the extra language option. You can find the idea here.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I have my Spotify in brazilian portuguese, and we don't mind if they have their spotify in brazilian portuguese, we just want to know how we can change their spotify's language since their device is already in portuguese and we don't have the Settings Option on the Spotify app nor on the Windows Web version...
Thanks again.

Hello there!

In this case, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify. You can do that from here: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact. They'll be able to take a look backstage and hopefully solve this as soon as possible.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts