Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium + Mobile (FAQ)

Spotify Premium + Mobile (FAQ)

Spotify Premium + Mobile

Spotify has partnered with mobile networks all around the world in order for you to get Spotify Premium at a cheaper price or even for free! 

There are a range of different countries with different networks, and some work with only one or many specific plans, so you should make sure that you are eligible. A list with the specific carriers and plans should be here

Note - You cannot use any free offerings for a Family plan. Any mobile carrier offering a Family plans should have an additional cost to your mobile bill (e.g. Telia offers an additional cost to your phone bill for the Premium for Family plan).

Check if you are eligible.

You should be able to check if you are eligible on your carrier's website.

Many phone carriers such as Vodafone AU or Spark NZ provide a website that allows you to check if you are eligible for any Spotify Premium offer, while some carriers like Globe PH will send you a text as soon as you activate your plan. Indosat also makes you to enter a WAP page to get Spotify Premium. Check your specific carrier's instructions or if you need help, just reply down below!

Activate

There are two methods to activate your Spotify Premium on your mobile network.

1. Internet activation

For carriers like Telia, Maxis, Indosat and more, you will need to go onto a webpage or app and enter your Phone Number. Once you are eligible, you should be redirected to a page asking you if you have a Spotify account. Once proceeding, you should be able to use your "FREE Spotify Premium" offer and you should receive Spotify Premium on your account!

2. SMS Activation

For carriers such as Globe PH, Vodafone AU, Fido and more. You will either enter your phone number on the internet and then get sent a text message or will get sent a text message displaying a link to a Spotify Premium link. You will then click on the link on the message to activate the "Free Spotify Premium" offer your carrier has provided. 

What happens when I am currently paying for Spotify Premium?

You should be able to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription to change it to a Spotify Free account, then you can resubscribe with your carrier.

If you bought Spotify Premium on the Spotify website.

1. Go to your account's subscription page here.
  2. Once in, you should see 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' under the Switch to Family or Switch to Premium button.
  3. Once prompted for a reason, choose 'Other Reason'.
  4. Click 'Cancel My Subscription' button.
  5. You should be reverted to Spotify Free once your subscription ends, then you can re-subscribe using your carrier!

If you bought Spotify Premium on the App Store/iTunes Store.

1. On your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, go to the Settings app.
  2. Tap the iTunes & App Store.
  3. Tap your Apple ID listed on the first bar. If it is not there, log in to the Apple ID you bought Spotify Premium with.
  4. Tap View Apple ID.
  5. You should see a Manage button under Subscriptions, tap the button.
  6. Tap Spotify in the Subscriptions page.
  7. Turn off Continuing Subscription and you should be reverted to Spotify Free when your subscription ends. Once you do so, resubscribe with your mobile carrier.

What if I didn't receive a link or a text from my carrier to activate Spotify Premium?

First thing you should do is to check your carrier's website if there are instructions to receive a link or a text. If there is none, you will have to contact your carrier directly (via phone or email) as Spotify can't do anything about it.

What if I wasn't eligible for free Spotify Premium from my carrier?

Some carriers such as Vodafone Ireland will allow you to add on Spotify Premium for an extra cost that is cheaper than the original cost! It's worth looking at your carrier's website to see if you can get a cheaper deal. Also it is worth looking at your carrier if you can get a deal switching plans to one that has Spotify Premium included!

How about if I accidently linked my free offer to another/incorrect account?

You should be able to contact your carrier directly and they should be able to help you out. 

If I wanted to cancel my offer?

You can do that by also contacting your carrier directly, keep in mind that if you are under a contracted deal likewise with Singtel Music, you will be charged an early termination fee, so it's best to wait it out rather than paying that fee.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!
4 Replies

That does not answer my question! 

I have spotify through spark nz. However I am being charged for spotify on my spark account. I have contacted Spark but they told me to contact you. No where can I find a phone number or email to contact spotify. Ridiculous.

Hi, I'm in a case not listed here. My current mobile plan (Salt, Switzerland) includes a Spotify Premium subscription. However I'll change for another carrier which doesn't have a Spotify offer. Can you confirm (or correct) :
- when my current plan stops, my Spotify account will switch back to basic
- I can subscribe to Premium directly via Spotify with the same account I had before
Thanks for your help
G.B.

I have just recently purchased a Spark SIM and topped up with a $19 music pack. I went to activate my Spotify but its says "not on an eligible pack"?

Suggested posts