Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify account for a RECORD LABEL

Solved!

Spotify account for a RECORD LABEL

I'm trying to set up a Spotify account/page for an independent record label I manage.  How would I go about doing that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MadameDrea!

There's more info on Spotify for Artists. You read about your question in the FAQ right here: https://artists.spotify.com/faq/music#i-m-a-new-label-how-do-I-get-music-on-spotify. Let me know if there's anything else! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @MadameDrea! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Great question! 🙂 You can reach out to your Label Account Manager at Spotify. They can help you out here! If there's anything else, just give me a shout!

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star

I don't have a label account manager.  I'm looking to set up the label account with Spotify.

Hey @MadameDrea!

Spotify has deals in place with companies who can deliver your music to them and collect royalties for you. These are called aggregators.

If you’re a label, Spotify suggests using one of these label aggregators:

These services handle the licensing and distribution of your music and also pay you royalties when your fans stream your music on Spotify. There’s usually a small fee or percentage cut involved. Each service is unique, so be sure to do some homework before picking one.

Let me know if there's anything else.

Take care and keep rocking! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

So there would be no way to set up an account where we could do that ourselves, and not going through an aggregator?

We're looking to be able to post our artists music as well as create playlists for ppl to share and stream.

Marked as solution

Hey @MadameDrea!

There's more info on Spotify for Artists. You read about your question in the FAQ right here: https://artists.spotify.com/faq/music#i-m-a-new-label-how-do-I-get-music-on-spotify. Let me know if there's anything else! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star

So I've created a basic/premium Spotify account for the company, RebelRockEnt.  But is there a way to get verified?  Be able to change the image and/or look of the page?  Not necesarilly looking to upload our artists music to Spotify as that is handled by the distributor, but looking to create playlists which we can post and share among our social media profiles.

Hey @Huib

So I've created a basic/premium Spotify account for the company, RebelRockEnt.  But is there a way to get verified?  Be able to change the image and/or look of the page?  Not necesarilly looking to upload our artists music to Spotify as that is handled by the distributor, but looking to create playlists which we can post and share among our social media profiles.

Hey @MadameDrea!

Spotify doesn't verify users and only artists will be able to customize their whole page. Users can still change their profile picture. I personally would recommend to post playlists on your artist pages and share the links with social media. Check out Spotify for Artists for more information. Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star

I read the whole discussion but could not find any helpful answer. I do have an verified spotify artist account and an distributor for publishing my music. I am interested in an verfied label account to create playlists. Since there are already labels who have an account I am wondering how to apply for one. Is there any way to create one via spotify artist or a spotify ticket or is the distributor able to create an label account for me?

So basically there are no 'Label Profiles' within Spotify? 

That would address my question too

Suggested posts