Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't log in to Facebook and freeze

Spotify can't log in to Facebook and freeze

Subscription

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Nokia 5

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Hey! 

So I upgraded to Android 9.0 and now I have problem with Spotify. 

I use Spotify by Facebook. So here is the problem. 

Everything is fine, but sometimes I just put Spotify in offline mode. Nothing happens everything is good. But if I restart my phone when the spotify is in offline mode, I cant use it again. Somewhy it says that I have to log in. I click on "Log in to Fb" button and then it says: You are in offline mode. Do u wanna connect to the Internet? I say yes. It starts loading then black screen, and nothing happens. I have to delete the cache and the "personal data" in the settings-->storage menu. Then I can log in fb again but I have to download all the songs... It's pain in the **bleep**. 

Although it's not happening always like 6-7/10, but still annoying.

1 Reply

Hey there @puposbali,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you haven't tried that already, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on your device to start afresh.

You can do so by following the steps below:

1. Head here and click Remove all devices. This should clear up any duplicate cache issues with your mobile device.
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes.
  6. Switch your device back on.
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app

Keep in mind that after completing these steps you'll need to download any content you had available for offline use once more.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts