Free

Country

U.S.

Device

Acer C771 Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

It's about as simple as the subject says, I've had no breaches on my account, and I've actually seen this happening to other people as well.

5 Replies

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are facing this issue. Have you tried to check the following:

1) Did you check remember password?

2) did you turn on auto login for the laptop?

3) Did you have auto removal of cookies or history and auto logout when you close browser etc? 

4) Do you face the same issue using another pc?

Let me know!

1) Yes
2) Where would that option be?
3)No
4)No

hi there

Thank you for replying!

Based on your responses, it seems you are only facing this issue on this specific device. And also based on your response for q2, you might need to check if the browser or application or OS settings have restricted you from saving your login, therefore requiring you to login everytime you use spotify.

Let me know

This response doesn't make sense to me. I'm also experiencing the same issue where my new laptop makes me log in every time. I have "remember me" turned on, but I don't even see a "remember password" option. Can you tell me how to fix this step by step on windows? 

Hi there @laurathom,

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

This sounds like Spotify is having trouble writing cache on your computer. This is where log in and user settings are saved. We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts