Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tesla account issue.

Tesla account issue.

Background

I have had spotify premium for years.

I use it with logitec mediacenter (spotty plugin)  in my house. I notice that it does not logout or stop playing on my phone while im working out if my other family members listen to music in my house. I can even have different squezeboxes play different spotify content.

I have also had a friend confirm to me in the past that his sonos systems allowed playing different spotify content in different rooms.

My Question or Issue

Recently got a tesla. Now my phone cuts when my wife enters the car.

Give that the above works why does my phone stop playing when my wife drives our new tesla?

I have looked into the family plan but it does not seem to support several logins at the same account. Creating a fake account with a fake email for the tesla alone seems like a dumb idea. I understand i then can play musc but then all the podcast history i have will be wrong and all my playlists will need to be shared or something. 

I am happy to pay for a multiuser plan but it needs to work.

I see there is a duo plan and as i understand this is also a shared account. Can i have 2 logins at the same time on one of the duo accounts, when the other is not in use? Much like a pool license.

5 Replies

Hi there @oy5tein,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

By default, one account can only play from one device at a time. There may be some exceptions to this, but we can't go into too many details to prevent abuse.

To prevent music interruptions, each user must have their own personal account and make sure to log in or have connected their personal accounts to the devices they use.

To clarify, the Premium Duo plan is for two people who live together at the same address, each person with their own Spotify account (it's not a shared account), so it's not possible to have two different streaming sessions with only one account.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have a Spotify family plan and I share a Tesla with my wife. How can each driver have three own Spotify account paried with the car?

Hi @Pbthatsme!

Only one account can be linked to the Tesla at a time. As a workaround, you can create a playlist on your account and invite your wife as a collaborator. That way you both can add stuff you like, without the need to logout and log in to separate accounts each time.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, 

So i just bought tesla and i have had spotify years. 

But now in tesla there is option for premium spotify included. 

So i bought that. And i get spotify for the car but not in the phone? 

Does it only work for the car?

Do i have to go premium to my phone too?

Hi @Naasty,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome.

Spotify is integrated into certain models of Tesla cars. Each car has its own Spotify account, already setup and ready to use. The Spotify account provided by Tesla can only be used in-car, but not in a different device (e.g. phone, TV, computer).

In case you have your own Spotify account, you can use your credentials in your car by accessing the settings menu.

Lastly, if you have any issues with the Spotify account integrated in your Tesla car, you can get in contact with them through this link. 

Remember the Community is here in case you have additional questions. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts